Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pictures and Restart to Running

Saturday night at Schnepf farms was so fun! The little ones had a blast, oh wait, so did the big ones. We ate hamburgers and hot dogs, rode the train, played on all the stuff and even got to ride the rides. Katy wasn't so sure about the roller coaster, but she went. Said it was too scary and she didn't want to go again. It was a very tiny one with only a few small hills, but she didn't love it. Dalin was our only puker, though Glade was pretty close after riding on the swings. All the big ones were very gracious in helping with the little ones. We, Glade and I, had a great time getting to know so many of the cast on a personal basis. I hope to get to "work" with them again.

Sunday we went to the Smith's for dinner again so Joy wouldn't have to make the drive out here. The house was full with family and so many stop-in visitors wanting to say goodbye to Joy. We had one last game of Idiot Bridge in which poor Joy looked like she was going to fall asleep sitting there. She isn't sleeping much and she has had so many visitors that's she's just plain pooped. Monday night we went to a park and did big family pictures. It was very last minute so I spent the morning trying to round up appropriate clothing for everyone. I'm anxious to see how they turned out.

Glade also had callbacks, but they let him come late due to the situation with his sister. After pictures, the rest of us (my little family) went to Barro's for pizza to celebrate Stephen's birthday. It's actually today, but it's Tuesday so we have no availability tonight. It was nice to have everyone together. Glade had driven to Flagstaff that morning to go get Chelsey so she could be a part of it. I sure miss that girl. She is leaving today but is hoping to make it down for the funeral next week.

Yesterday I ran for the first time in one month and two days. I went significantly slower so I could try to run some sort of distance. I ended up running 2.5 miles then doing my ball work out DVD. Ouch. Today my whole body hurts. I really want to do more strength training now that the weather is so warm. I'm hoping my elbow will hold up for me. I definitely need to get back into it. I may even try my yoga DVD today!!

No comments: