Saturday, April 23, 2011

Amazing 24 hours

Pedicures for date night. Yep, that's what we did with a couple of friends of ours. Under strict orders, they are to remain nameless, but it was so fun! Glade was too "manly" to get one, but the other "man" did and so did we girls. I was in desperate need and it's always fun to do with friends. After, there seemed to be a need for a piece of big red meat. Dinner was great (TexasRoadhouse) and the conversation was entertaining, as usual. We really did have so much fun. Same thing next month?? Ü

This morning we woke bright and early to make an 8 am temple session with Glade's family. Joy is still doing fairly well so we thought it would be nice to all be in the temple one last time together. Joy looked like a sweet little angel all dressed in white when she walked in. There were lots of long hugs and soft tears. What a precious experience to have. Very much reminds you of what's important.

After the temple, we rushed home to get ready for our family Easter lunch. We had way too much food and people were a little rushed cuz we had to postpone it a little due to our last minute temple plans. The kids hunted eggs and we ate yummy food and mostly just sat around and visited. The great thing about family is that that's just fine with everyone. The house emptied around 3:30 and let me tell you there were a few tired souls around here. Glade, Katy and I all laid down for about an hour. Bo wanted to around 6 but I wouldn't let him.

When 5 o'clock hit and I now had nothing to do for the rest of the evening, I got a little antsy. I really wanted to see a movie, but Glade didn't want to go. I talked Whitley into going even though she doesn't really like movies. We saw Source Code and it was SO good! We both loved it, I wish Glade would have been there, he would have liked it as well. It was super fun to get to hang out with Whitley though. She has been so helpful these last few days and I really just like her!

Tomorrow is actually Easter and I will take a few pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes then post all the pictures we have taken so far. We colored eggs Friday afternoon and then all the pics from the family party. I also have family pics from Monday, but they didn't turn out that great. I will get those posted soon as well. Awesome awesome couple of days!

No comments: