Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wild Ride

About 36 hours ago I went to bed in tears, so angry about an unfortunate incident. Luckily for me, sleep does wonders for my attitude. Took Whitley to the doctors, she's having some weird symptoms. If you google them, it points to Lyme Disease. Doc says if her symptoms are still here in two weeks, he'll test her for it. Right now we're just hoping it's some virus working its way through her system. Side note on poor Whitley, she has been struggling with a situation that got out of control and finally (thanks to her seminary teacher) told her parents about it. Her boss was sending her inappropriate texts and telling other employees how her innocence intrigues him and he wants to take that from her. Gross. She finally went to the big boss after hearing another girl complaining about similar situations. He no longer works there. Whew!

A certain child who has taken about 3 months to finish a book (didn't actually finish it) was supposed to make a poster about it for his English class. When I received the email reminding that it was due in two day, I questioned said child who basically said he wasn't planning on doing it. After trying to keep my anger in check, I assured him he most certainly was and would do nothing else till it was done. Two days later, the day it was due, I had a sinking feeling about the whole thing. When he got home from school I asked how it went and wouldn't you know.....he forgot to finish it so he didn't turn it in. I asked to see it and there was basically a few lines drawn on the poster, no summary written, nothing. BUT he said the teacher gave him one more day to do it. What?? Needless to say said child is severely grounded for an undetermined amount of time and I contacted his teacher to make sure he did not get full credit. If he aced it (which he won't), the best he could get is a 50%. Seriously braindead.

Glade and the boys had a scout outing so mom, Whitley and I decided to do dinner and go to the mall. We were browsing around and low and behold...Chelsey!! She got a ride down to the valley to surprise us. She gets to stay till Sunday night. Very exciting!! The little ones are beyond excited to see her.

This morning I started training for the triathlon. After a very hairy experience trying to figure out CO2 cartridges, I finally got on the bike. Rode 7 miles in just over 28 min, then ran 1.5 miles in 14 min. I was so proud of myself. I felt like I was running slow cuz your legs feel kinda weird after biking but I was running right around 9 min miles most of the time, some times even under. Hot dog!!

Glade's truck "blew up" once he got to where they were camping so I'm not sure how he's getting home, but we are supposed to have a date night tonight and I'm very excited about that. Can one have so many emotions in such a short period of time?? Exhausting, I tell ya.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi :aurie

If Whitney has symptoms that could be lyme Disease do not wait for tests or you allow the infection to get a hold which you definitely do not want to do. If in doubt treat according to International Lyme and Associated Disease society of America find their guidelines or more detailed guidelines the Burrascano Guidelines at www.ilads.org

It can take up to 8 weeks before antibodies are produced which the blood tests test for and tests can miss up to 50% of cases.
http://www.leaparizona.com/
Tina Garcia who started your local Lyme Disease Support group will be happy to advise you.

Also if you visit my blog you will find lots of useful information.

best wishes.

Tammy said...

Wow, what a roller coaster! Poor Whitley. I hope she is feeling better soon and I'm glad that creep is gone. Good luck on the triathlon. You are simply amazing!