Friday, September 24, 2010

Crazy train

What a difference a day can make. My sweet little Dalin got suspended this week. After what appears to have been a very frustrating day, he could no longer contain his anger when a kid cut him for a drink. So, Dalin pushed his head down while he was getting a drink. The kid hit his tooth and then it was over for Dalin. I hate that my children have convinced him he has "anger issues". Anyway, he spent Thursday home with me. Actually it was kind of nice, I needed help!
Back to Wednesday. Actually, Tuesday I thought it would be good to take Katy shopping with me to do a little couponing. NOT!! She is a terror. If you know about "Jeffrey, Jeffrey Jeffrey!" that was my morning. However, once I got home, I was very productive. Made 6 loaves of bread, Made a HUGE meatloaf for dinner, fried 8 lbs of hamburger for freezing and made a batch of peach jam. Not bad for a morning!

The afternoon was another story. Get the call from school about Dalin, meet with Principal. Stephen had a game and Whitley had to work. I made her go with me to the game since it was halfway to her work. We sat for an inning or two and no Stephen. I decided we should leave to take her to work and then I would come back for Stephen. (turns out he couldn't play because he didn't have a hat.) When we got into the car, battery was dead. Alicen came to rescue me and it became a precarious little situation, but we got the car jumped and I took Whitley to work half hour late. Went back to pick up Stephen and then home to the Meatloaf I was so glad I had made earlier. I invited Clint and Alicen to come eat with us since I had so much and she spent her afternoon helping me. They came, they ate, they drove me to Autozone for a new battery. It was still under warranty so that was good. Very long day!


Not even a scratch. Girls rock!

Thursday was my last canning class. I got up and cleaned like crazy since I was gone all evening before. We learned pumpkin and pie fillings. After, I decided since Dalin was here and Katy was asleep, I would go get my nails done. Sweet! I was much in need. Got home in time to pick up kids, get the house finished being cleaned again because Bunko was at my house tonight! 3 kids had play practice and 2 had a choir concert. Thanks for all the carpooling! Everyone got where they needed to be and I got dinner done in time for my Bunko friends. Bunko was very fun and everything worked out perfect. Very long day!
This morning I thought I should just lounge since I've had such a crazy week, BUT....I had gotten some peaches and they really needed to be canned. SO, I canned 14 quarts of peaches. I also had just gotten 50lbs of flour that needed to get into PETE containers. Katy and I did that this morning. What I saved on the flour I probably wasted on the floor. It may have been picture worthy. Once the peaches were done and flour cleaned up, we headed to Costco, ate with mom and came back just in time to get kids picked up for half day. This week has gone very quickly. Now it's date night time and again, not happening. Some non-dater planned for the teachers to play basketball tonight at 8 pm. Hello?? Date night! So, I guess I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow.

Lastly, we got a full Ragnar team and I'm so excited. I didn't think I would be, but I'm seriously stoked. I just want to run all the time right now. I pass a park and think "if it were just a little cooler and I didn't have children...." Tomorrow I will do another bike/run in the morning. Just a little more temp. drop and I will be unstoppable!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Rock!

Tammy said...

Whew, I'm tired! Seriously, how do you do it all?! I wish I could have been at your class. Sounds like it was a great one. I have finally been able to bake a good batch of both peach and strawberry jam. yummy!

Leslie said...

It was fun to spend two big chunks of the day with you yesterday. Your house looked great, and you seemed so laid back despite all the crazy!