Saturday, September 4, 2010

Big Steps

This has been a week full of big steps. I'll keep it short and to the point.

Bo missed his first day of school (fever and sore throat). He really struggled with not being able to go to school. Luckily it only lasted one day. I'm saying extra lucky cuz I think I'm getting it.

Katy kept piggy tails in for almost 4 whole hours!!

I took Whitley and Nick driving for the first time. Ok, Whitley has been one other time. She is so nervous, she can't do anything very smoothly. I think I need to take her to a big empty field and let her turn at will to get the feeling of the car correcting itself. Maybe then she can relax a little. She came home in tears. Nick did really well. I expected no less. Other than they both try to drive with both feet, it was a good experience.

Nick kissed a girl. I would like to think it was his first, but I'm thinking not. Both Whitley and Stephen saw him kiss her outside the bus and ratted him out. I would hate to think that was his first kiss, outside a bus with everyone watching. Anyway, he's thoroughly embarrassed that we all know.

Rhett suffered his first experience of not making the team. He tried out for basketball with about 40 other boys and didn't make it. It was heartbreaking, for I remember being that one. I assured him we have all experienced that at some time or another but we don't quit trying things. It doesn't make it feel any better.

Lastly, I let Whitley go spend the weekend in Flagstaff with Chelsey. Our old Bishop and his wife were heading up there and offered a ride. She was beyond excited. She left yesterday and won't be home till Monday. Chelsey took her to an institute dance last night and will show her around the college today. I'm glad they get a chance to see each other again. It was much needed.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

It's been a busy week! Nice job Nick...on both accounts! Whitley, driving will get easier. I'll have to tell her sometime about the first time I drove! Scary, for everyone involved! I'm glad she and Chelsey get to hang out this weekend. Sisters are great! Poor Rhett, that is really hard. Hope you guys have a great weekend.