Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Battle of Wills


This little darling is a pill. Her hair is finally (barely) long enough to put into a ponytail. Unfortunately she hates anything in her hair. It looks awful most of the time. I have found that her hair usually looks better if I just brush it because if I try to do something with it, she yanks it out later and then she has pony bumps or clip dents, etc.

Today she put on a shirt she found somewhere tucked away from last winter. I liked the shirt when I bought it, but not so much on her. She wore it anyway. Now it's too small and it's a winter shirt. I asked her to change and she really really wanted to wear this shirt. It was quickly becoming a battle. I tried another tactic. I told her if she was going to wear that shirt, I wanted her hair done cute, like a ponytail. I offered to get her a different shirt if she didn't want a ponytail, but she was insistent on wearing it. She somewhat agreed to the pony until I actually got it in. Then she started rolling around rubbing her head. I redid it and threatened her with a swat on her rear if she did it again. She was mad and being quite obstinate. Imagine?? Well, we were about to head out the door and she mumbles..."I want to change my shirt." So she did and the minute we got in the car, she yanked out the ponytail. Happy and Free! What a stink.




1 comment:

Tammy said...

She looks so cute with a ponytail! I have a feeling Annalise is going to be just like Katy with the whole hair thing. Maybe by the time she is Katy's age you'll have some great tips for me!