Tuesday, September 21, 2010

For a little randomness - I forgot to mention a little incident that happened on Friday night. As we (Mom, Whitley and I) got to Borders, we decided to use the restroom. Three stalls, two open..Whitley waited. As soon as I sat down I realized there was no paper. Aww Man! Luckily my mother was right next door. I asked for some and she says "sure". Then proceeds to tell me she only has enough for her. Sounding familiar? So I say "what, you can't even spare a square?". The lady next to me says "I can spare a square, I have a square to spare." Now I'm totally dying. She hands me paper. When we were all out, the other lady and I were giggling about what had just happened and Mom and Whitley were clueless. So, of course, I clued them in. It was really quite funny.

Saturday ended up totally sucking. I spent most of the day in the car driving kids around in the 111 degree weather. No nap, not even some downtime. The one perk was a benefit yard sale I went to. I found a few treasures. One was a kitchen set for Katy. There was also a little apron I found separately. The kitchen was filled with dishes as well. She has played with that non-stop. I also got the boys a whole tin of marbles. Crazy, I know. I decided since I barely paid for them I wouldn't care if I threw them away every time I find them on the floor. They, too, have played with those marbles for 2 straight days. Nice!



Brooklyn had a little performance for activity days where she played her cello. She did a great job, all the girls did. Finally it was time for my date night!! Not. Glade was still not home and probably wouldn't be till after 7. So, I went anyway. In an effort to forget this horrid weather, I went and browsed around Kirklands and Joanne's to get the feel of fall. Then I met John and Tracie for dinner. I love that I have friends who don't feel weird having dinner with me even without my husband. It was a very nice couple of hours. Then, home to bed to end this day.

Sunday was nice, it was good to have Chelsey with us at church. The kids loved having her here. When it was time to go, we packed her a box of some fresh fruits and veggies and a few other treats and Glade took her to her drop off point. This time there were tears. Her, me, Bo, Katy and Brooklyn. The little ones more like clingyness and pouty lips. It was harder this time than it was before. I guess now I know what I'll be missing. She will be back in a month or so so I guess I can make it that far!



Whitley is teaching herself to play a song on the piano sort of upside down. Not sure why, but she's actually pretty good at it.








I found this adorable elephant that Bo grabbed on to and has named him Elly.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see Whitley's talent in a talent show!