Thursday, April 1, 2010

Going Going Going

What a day! I left the house about 8:20 this morning to go work the nursery at morning Roundtable for scouts. There ended up only being two of us (three for about half an hour) and about 35 kids. It was crazy. They were quick and full of mischief. While we would be corralling one, another would sneak away and stuff toilet paper in the toilet or dump all the cups of water, or whack another kid or sneak out the door. They definitely kept us on our toes. One of the gals thought it a good idea to bring popcorn for a snack. It looked like it had snowed in both rooms we were in. Craziness. I got done there just in time to go pick up my kids from half day and get them home. I got them in and settled and then headed to the movies with a couple of friends.

The movie was The Last Song. I had already read the book and was anxious to see the movie. I'm a Miley fan despite her critics. It was good and we cried like babies. It was nice to see it with girls and not have to worry about how miserable Glade was. After the movie, Alicen and I went to Costco, then ran a pizza to Chelsey's track meet so they had something to eat. Got home and had just enough time, to change clothes, give some instructions, kiss my babies and head out to take Brooklyn to practice.

Her practice is far away so I have to stay there for the whole time. I decided to go running so I did 4.25 miles while waiting for her. The rest of the time, I sat and read the the third book of the Work and the Glory series. Returned home just after 7, spent a little time with my little ones, who I hadn't seen all day and didn't get any naps. No school tomorrow, but it's going to be an early night, I'm so tired.

Glade has been gone every night this week till after midnight. I hate going to bed without him home. Hopefully they are about done with this little project. Tomorrow is our family Easter lunch. Everyone is coming here for an egg hunt and lunch. I always like to have family over so I'm looking forward to it. Then tomorrow night we are going to the Easter Pageant. Saturday is busy as well. Biking in the morning, lunch with mom for her birthday, Bo's ball game and then dinner out with the adults. Before I know it, it will be Sunday and conference. I love conference Sunday! Right now though, I'll just settle for a hot shower and my bed.

No comments: