Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Too Much Baggage

Right now I feel like I have a hundred things hanging over my head. They are stupid things that aren't a big deal, but time consuming and unpleasant. Most of which irritate the crap out of me so I know as soon as I start dealing with them, I'm going to have a bad day! I finally got signed up for my Traffic Survival School. Eight freakin hours!!! Are you kidding me?? Then I found out that the class I would have to go to to take care of my other ticket is different, it's Defensive Driving School. It, by the way, costs as much as my ticket. Hmmmm, seems like a no brainer there. Actually I think I have decided to just show up on my court date and hope like heck that the officer doesn't show up. Worst that can happen is I pay my ticket and go home, right? How did this happen to me? I haven't had a ticket in 10 years and now 2 in three months?

Chelsey's graduation and getting her set up for college is stressing me out. I have no idea what I'm doing and because they are not local, it's impossible to just sit down and have an actual person tell me what still needs to be done. I guess we will be taking a weekend and heading to Flagstaff!

Today I spent the morning canning potatoes and butter and making strawberry jam with a new recipe. Unfortunately, I started my drops again and can't taste any of it! I'm sure the drops are making me cranky as well. I'm ashamed to admit that I gained 7 of the 11 lbs back. I ate like a stinkin glutton all week. I guess that whole maintenance thing is a little important. I'm only two days in and I'm down 4 lbs, but I don't have the zeal I did the first time. I just want a cracker or something "starchy". I'm only doing it for a week though. Then in a few weeks, I'll do one more week.

I still haven't found my keys so that means getting a whole new set made. I had to ask for more church keys, which is embarrassing and my car key is $200 to replace. I'm not sure the whole car is worth that much! Where is that money tree I planted?? Oh yah, we lost two chicks yesterday. They just mysteriously got out of the pen and disappeared. No one will admit to anything of course, so now we only have 5 left. Our other big one starting laying though, so now we are getting 3 eggs a day.

On a positive note, the weather has stayed cool, I've been biking 3 times now, Glade has been home more this week, and I'm almost done with my third book. Most of my laundry is done and put away and I only have a few people who haven't picked up their PETE containers. I think I'll just deliver so I can get rid of that "to do". I'm totally excited to teach the canning class tomorrow and see old friends. I guess I just need to spend some time "unpacking" so all these things can stop nagging at me. Maybe I should hire a secretary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

check with Ace Hardware on Gilbert/Baseline - they may be able to make the chipped key cheaper!

Tammy said...

Good luck with everything Laurie. I hate it when I can't find something like my keys...you know they are just sitting somewhere! Sorry to hear about the tickets and traffic school too, but I must admit, it was really funny to read about how it happened!

Krista Darrach said...

Just a thought. Jessica (our daughter) got a ticket and wanted to JUST pay it not attend traffic school. Once she paid it then she got a notice saying she HAD to attend traffic school. Boy was she mad - double dinged! Just might wanna call and ask them before you show up and pay the fine.
I did both those classes too - boom boom... back to back.. first the 4 hour - then the 8hour.
Haven't had another ticket since. I'll let someone rear end me - before I'll turn left and get snapped.
Good luck!!