Monday, April 19, 2010

Family Pictures

I have been trying to figure out when to do family pics for a few months now. Friday, I decided..now. I called and made an appointment for Saturday evening. Saturday was busy with ball games and eagle projects and a scout project and trying to do all the normal stuff. I left fairly early to try to get a run in and did pretty well. I'm running a little faster than normal, but at about mile 2.5 something really weird happened in my hip, not my joint, but the muscle. I tried to walk for a while and then run again, but no go. It hurt really bad. It still hurts today. My body is not getting the message that I'm YOUNG!

By afternoon, I was trying to be organized and not stressed. No yelling or being obsessive. It mostly worked. I only had two mild meltdowns. One, when Glade got home 45 min before we were supposed to leave and told the boys to come help him do yard work. Umm, NO! And then when Stephen came down in a yellow shirt that was totally inappropriate for pictures. We had been talking about this yellow shirt, but obviously we were thinking of two different yellow shirts. Now he had nothing to wear for pictures. Luckily, Glade had an extra yellow polo shirt that was ginormous on Stephen, but matched. We got there in plenty of time and mostly, everyone cooperated and did really great.

When we had looked at all the pictures, Chelsey took all the kids to dinner and then home while Glade and I did the choosing. I can't say I'm super happy with them, but I blame the photographer. I don't know what she was thinking with some of those poses. Too bad I can't see what she's doing while I'm in the pictures. Anyway, they are fine and I probably won't do that place next year. So here are the best ones, the whole lot of them are on FB if you care.


































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie, you and Glade have the best looking family! Dacia

Tammy said...

You all seriously look great!