Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Get Thee Hence!

Starting Sunday morning, my kids have been taking turns with the "bug". It's the nasty stomach flu and it's been lasting about 2 days each. Brooklyn had it first. I shouldn't embarrass them, but I'm going to anyway. During church, Bo went out to go to the bathroom twice. The second time he came back in, he says out loud "I just keep pooping!" After sacrament meeting, I took him home to stay with Brooklyn. When I walked in, Brooklyn was sitting on the couch wrapped in a towel. I asked her why and she tells me she threw up and while she was throwing up, the poop just came out. Poor thing.



Then Monday morning, Dalin reported that he had been throwing up a lot in the night. My kids don't even come wake me up to tell me. I kind of like that, but makes me feel bad too. Anyway, he spent the day in and out of the bathroom having the same trouble as Brooklyn. Finally he came and said "I tried getting there in time, but..well...you know" very matter of factly. Then added "now I'm outta underwear". Bo announced proudly that "I'm all outta diarrhea!" About 8:30 am, Chelsey texted me from school "I threw up". She had senior ditch day so she was coming home anyway. She said she felt fine now and went to the movies with some friends. When she got back, she said she felt awful and went to bed.



Nick went on a bike ride with the scouts and when he got back, he related a little story about having gas, trying to hold it in, but it came out anyway and wasn't just gas. Nice. My poor kids. So today Chelsey is home and we are still figuring out if Dalin can hold his breakfast. It's good that Chelsey has it right now cuz she is leaving for Boston on a choir trip on Thursday. That would not be good if she had it then. What a fun start to the week!



On a good note, I got new shoes! I had a coupon that was expiring so I thought I would see what I could get for cheap. What I found was that the shoes I wanted that were $40 (ridiculous) were now on sale for $24.99 plus my coupon. I hate that store for that reason. When they have their BOGO 1/2 off, they crank their prices up. Anyway, I was glad I waited. While there, I found some super cute tennis shoes that will be good with shorts or capris. Then a way comfy pair of anywhere/all the time shoes. Score for me!



My allergies were out of control today so I spent a lot of time inside reading. I think I read for almost 5 hours today. Very productive, I know. We didn't even go to Bo's game tonight. He begged me not to make him go. He said it's too much running. He stood and cried on third base on Saturday cuz he didn't want to play anymore. Since I felt like crap I decided to just chill at home. Glade didn't come home cuz he had to go do something in the middle of the night for work, so I read more and was in bed by 10.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I read all day yesterday too! I got more than 200 pages into my book and now all I want to do is finish it, but I have all of yesterday's chores to do on top of today's. And here I sit...

Sorry your kids are sick. Don't you dare get it and miss Bunko.

Tammy said...

Nice score on the shoes!!! And I am so sorry about the flu! The stomach flu is the worst!!!