Monday, April 26, 2010

One More Down

This weekend I spent the day at traffic school. I'm officially done "dealing" with all my stupid tickets. I was going to fight my other one, but decided I have too much to do to keep stressing about this. I won't even go into how awful the eight hour class was. Seriously, I'm lumped in with all the DUI offenders. That's down right offensive if you ask me! Not to mention they all think they are justified and totally wronged in the process. Anyway....just glad to have it over.

Chelsey spent the last 4 days in Boston on a choir trip. She had a great time and was quite surprised to see how expensive it was to eat out all the time. She texted me a few times each day to let me know what she was up to, which I loved. The other kids (12 and over) went to the open house of the Gila Valley temple on Saturday. They all had a great time and were very in awe of the temple. I'm glad they got to have that experience.

Only a few weeks left of ball, for that I'm grateful. Bo hates going: "it's too much running!". Brooklyn loves it and her team has greatly improved, but it's still several times a week. Only about a month left of school so that light is shining brightly for me. We finally were able to put a full team together for the Red Rock Relay in September. It's basically the same as the Ragnar, but up in Utah. I'm very excited about that. I'm doing the HCG for one more week and then will start my training again. It's hard to work out on the diet because you eat no carbs so not a lot of fuel for that much exertion. I'm looking forward to running again.

I've been reading way too much lately. My house has been very neglected and my laundry is a little piled up. Every day I tell myself "chores first" but then I do a few and then go read. That's one reason I never wanted to take up reading. Now I have conflict! I really have enjoyed the Work and the Glory series though. It's been a good thing.

Bo's birthday is in a few days. I'm not sure what we are doing yet, but I should figure it out pretty soon. I didn't blog at all about Stephen's birthday last week. He hasn't had a party yet and the next few weekends are busy so it was very uneventful. Not much to blog about! I think he wants to have an airsoft war party so that will be nice and inexpensive, yet fun for them. Now what to do for Bo? Probably something revolving around Bakugan.

We are supposed to go camping this weekend, but I can think of a thousand reasons to not. My kids are really excited about it, but I'm just not. I'll probably succumb, but I haven't decided yet. I'm sure if I just committed to it and went, I would have a grand time. So much work. So now you know why I haven't blogged in awhile, not much too exciting going on!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I think you should go camping. It'll be fun!