Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter 2010 has been a fun and busy time for the Smith family. On Friday, we had an Easter lunch with all the cousins and Aunts (one Uncle). The big kids, twelve and over, hid the eggs outside while the little ones ate lunch. After lunch, we let them go out by ages to find their treasured eggs! Once all the kids had found their designated amount of eggs, they got to open them to find out what was inside. It was a nice time enjoyed by all. We also put together our 72 hour kits with fresh items. This is a favorite task of my children's. They get to eat, at will, all the contents of their old kits. For me, it's a time of garbage and wrappers as far as the eye can see.

Friday night we took our kids to the Easter Pageant at the Temple. We haven't gone in a few years because I don't particularly like taking my little ones. I was surprised and disappointed that many of my children had no idea what it even was. Glade went early and saved our seats. I brought the rest of the kids around 6, it starts at 8. Stephen and I went to get pizza and soda for everyone. Once back, we ate and visited and before long the show started. They all were attentive and even had questions and wanted clarity. I loved that their brains were working. What a great event! I even got a few thank you's for dinner and a fun night out.







Before the cousins arrived on Friday, I made all the kids gather so I could get a few pictures. Ok, I took way more than a few, but how could I not? They are goofy, and cheesy and completely and totally all MINE!













We asked the Easter Bunny to come on Saturday so Sunday wasn't a hectic, chocolaty mess before church. It has been a wonderful change for us. This year he brought one basket and little goodie bags for each child. Inside the basket were little goodies for them to share along with the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. It's amazing what little goofy things make them happy.


















Easter Sunday welcomed a big breakfast of biscuits and gravy, sausage and eggs and then as a family, we watched General Conference together. After the first session, it's tradition for Glade to take them on a walk while I clean up breakfast and get the homemade cinnamon rolls ready. I love these Sundays. Hopefully it's the traditions and time spent they remember instead of the goodies and sweets that disappear so quickly.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Once again, it looks like a wonderful time with family. It is so fun to see all the different personalities of your children. I just love your family!