Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

I love love!!  Some Valentines Days I'm very into it and others I really don't care.  This one I was so busy I couldn't even think about whether or not Glade was doing a good job!  Actually, a few days before he bought me a new suit case.  A little one that matched his and wished me a happy Valentine's Day.  As lame as that may sound, I'm taking it as a promise to take me on a trip or two.♥  I always leave little boxes of chocolates for the kids on the table the night before so they get them when they wake up in the morning.  I had forgotten the night before so got out of bed at 4:50 to get those out.  That's a really early start to my day.

As I got around that morning, I realized I had forgotten a few details about the class parties I was in charge of.  So I was planning to leave early to stop by the store, but suddenly realized the party was half an hour earlier that I had set in my mind.  Yikes, now I was running late.  I made it out the door, to the store and back to the school just in time for the party to start.  The last party I went to in this class had about the same number of parents there as students.  I was assuming that would be the case at this party as well.  Nope.  Not a single parent showed up.  Well I kinda needed a little help so I texted Whitley and told her to get here ASAP. She was already planning on coming, just not that early.  The party went off without a hitch and I'm pretty sure they all had a great time.  We played Love Match (matching game with cartoon couples), had treats, passed out Valentine's, played Bingo, made Valentine's for their parents and ended with the Cupid Shuffle ( a line dance).  I was tired.

Whitley, Katy and I got lunch and I headed back to the school for party #2.  At least at this party I had a couple of Mom's to help.  But these were second graders.  A little more intimidating.  But all went well there too.  I did all the exact same things as I had done earlier.  The hit of both parties were the Jello Jigglers and the Cupid Shuffle.  For now I'm hanging up my party planner hat.  Dalin came home with a back pack soaked in Red Soda from his party.  I guess he didn't check the lid before he stuffed the 2L into his bag.  I grabbed all the kids and headed home for a quick 30 min shut eye before I had to leave for my Valentine's date.  Success!

No comments: