Monday, February 18, 2013

Saturday

Saturday was jam packed from start to finish.  I awoke with the ambition to get my last 10 mile run in before the half in 2 weeks.  I was really excited for my last big run.  Let's just say that excitement quickly diminished about mile 0.5.  I just didn't have it in me.  Lots of times it's hard getting started and then you work into it and it's fine, but not today.  Every part of me hurt, I was hot and was just plain defeated.  I was going to at least get 4 or 5 in but that didn't even happen. About 3.4 miles in, I ran into my good friends who were just finishing their 10 mile run so I jumped in their car and that was the end.  That day I decided I was done running.  I would do the half, but no more long runs before.  I just don't wanna.  Fast forward to Monday morning.  Glade asked if I was getting my 10 miler in today since I didn't Saturday.  I informed him of my decision to not run anymore.  He said "blah!" get your butt out there."  So I decided on a 5.5 miler, but that was it.  Well, the more I ran, the more I realized I was feeling really good.  In the end I ran 7.25 at 10:03 pace.  Really good!  Plus, I could have run more, I was feeling really good still.  So ok, I guess some days are just better than others.  I'm glad I went out.  Thanks babe!

Back to Saturday.  After running, I showered and went to the church to set up for the dance we were having that night.  That took about an hour and a half, the I went straight from the church to the theater to hopefully catch Whitley dance.  She had signed up for Queen Creek's got Talent.  Her and her friend Ethan Price were country dancing as their talent.  I got there with about 10 minutes to spare.  They were awesome!!  I had never seen her dance before so I was really impressed when he had her upside down and every direction spinning around doing tricks.  They made it to finals and won in their age group.  It's probably only fair to say there was only one other act in her age group, but she still won!!   As soon as they were done I jetted out of there. I stopped at the store for a few last minute things for the dance and got home just in time to lay down with Katy for 20 min to get her down for a nap.  The day before, she didn't get a nap because I had gone to a movie.  That night she snuggled by me and whimpered "I sure hope we get naps tomorrow".  I love that girl!  Once I got her to sleep, I decided to get up and add a song to my playlist for that night.

Ahh!! Someone had deleted my playlist and most of the songs I was using out of  iTunes.  Unfortunately, I was needing to leave to go watch Stephen in the regional choir.  So we rushed out, picked up Mom and drove to Tempe to see the show.  When we got to the window, I went to pull out the complimentary tickets Stephen got and they were no where.  Now we had to pay $10 to get in.  Stink.  They were great and it was actually enjoyable.  Other than I was a little in a zombie state because I woke up with severe allergies this day and had resigned to taking a Benadryl right before the concert.  After he sang, we drove home just in time to meet our friends for dinner before the dance and get Stephen to work.  Except I had an entire playlist to create so I did that instead of dinner.  Once I got enough put together to make it through the night, we zoomed over, grabbed a sandwich from Subway and made our way to the dance.

The dance was lots of fun other than no one wanting to dance.  A bunch of fuddy duds.  We played a couple of games: sew your line together with a spoon and a really long piece of yarn and then the we passed marshmallows from the bowl to husbands mouth to wife's mouth and back to bowl.  That was entertaining.  We did all the standard line dances including the Cupid Shuffle and a new one my friend  Tammy introduced me to.  The Jump Stamp.  I'm going to include the link cuz it was super fun.  If you want to watch, go HERE.   I give you pre warning, you will have this song in your head for awhile!  Anyway, I had a great time, sweaty and all.

The entire day was full and I tried to enjoy each part as it came, but didn't take a single picture!  I have got to get better at that.  Missing so much!  Valentine's is officially complete.

No comments: