Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Cabin - Adults Only

This weekend we spent a few days at "the Cabin".  We kinda like to think of it as ours.  It belongs to a family who lives by us and we rent it from them when we want to go up.  We love it.  It had been awhile since we had done an adult getaway so us and 4 other couples all went for the weekend.  The Bryants, the Johnsons, The Rapiers and the Kettrings all joined us.

A few of us went on  Thursday night and got there right when it was snowing.  We were in a little car that we weren't sure would make it down the steep driveway so we had to walk all our stuff down in the snow to the cabin.  It's not a short distance.  The cabin was freezing!  We finally figured out how to get the heater on, but it was just really cold.  We had stopped for dinner at a Mexican food place on the way so it was kinda late when we actually got to the cabin.  This is when we got the stupid call about Nick's little stunt.  I won't say anymore about that other than it kinda put a damper on our carefree weekend and too many conversations revolved around that.  Sorry friends!  Anyway, when I woke up in the morning, it looked like this out my window. I'm sure I've posted a similar picture once before, but it's just so beautiful!!  I was laying in bed when I took this.  Now, it warmed up and by the time we left, there was only a little bit of snow left.



Over the next few days, we played a lot of games, ate a lot of crap, and giggled like crazy!  Saturday morning we went in to town for breakfast and then went to some antique stores. ( I know, we've officially entered OLD)  But I got some really cute frames and there was a set of corner shelves I really wanted!!  Alicen did walk away with a beautiful armoir/hutch though.  So pretty.  We spent the rest of the day at the cabin playing games and packing up.  We left just in time to stop in Payson, have dinner and then head home.  I could go into so much detail about all the things we did and said, but it's only funny and meaningful if you were there. We came home with a bazillion phrases and inside jokes.  I love that we could be laughing and playing one minute and then having serious conversations the next.  I seriously have the greatest friends!


Glade and myself at the Mexican place

Just for fun: 
quiche or Keishe
Ladle for the the Keishe
extispicy
Jelly Bellies
Sexy Llamas after Dark
Jake's fake cruise
snurdyboss
It's all Business - get it in, get it out
chocolate muffins
crossfit by the fire
Being old

No comments: