Friday, February 15, 2013

Decisions Decisions

I switched my kids schools this last year and it hasn't been the best experience for us.  I knew it was right for Rhett, but not so much for the others.  The whole problem was that my kids school only went through 8th grade.  I wasn't happy with my choices for HS for Rhett so this school was perfect.  And it has been, for him.  I have really struggled with the elementary school though.  There's too many hoops and it's very expensive.  Well our old school just announced it's opening a HS in the fall. I was elated!  Their reveal meeting was this week and I was there nice and early to get all the details.  The location is fine, the curriculum is good, it's a no brainer.. until... they announced the principal.

This is the only man I can think of that truly offended me and hurt my feelings.  How can I have him govern my kids??  Now it's not such a no brainer.  I know I need to forgive, that's my problem, but what will it be like if he continues to treat us the way he previously has?  It really bothers me.  Part of me can brush it off and say it's not that big of a deal, how often do you actually deal with the principal.  But then what happens when I do?  I have no respect for him.  My big boys said he had a foul mouth as the coach of their sports teams and he was so disrespectful to me.  Why can't everything just be simple?  So now I'm at the point of deciding whether or not to confront him.  To lay it out on the table how I feel about him, clear the air or just go along like nothing.  I'm sure he doesn't even remember our encounter and maybe he just was having a bad day.  I'm just not sure I can continue on without letting him know how I feel.

Then it got even more complicated when I had the opportunity to tell the principal of our current school (who is also a very good friend), why I wouldn't be returning next year.  He was very attentive to my concerns and even agreed with many.  The problem is that he is at the high school level and most of my complaints are with the elementary. Sooo, what if they hear me and what if others have the same complaints and they decide to adjust their policies.  Now what??  Too many choices.  I really just think it's best to go back to our old school but I hate that I'm not just totally clear about it.

No comments: