Tuesday, February 19, 2013

More Stuff

The first thing Katy says to me every day when I pick her up is "what are we doing tonight?"  She hates to hear "nothing", but it makes it bearable if I say something like "but we're going to Costco today".  That was today.  While in Costco, she was shaking her hand all weird so I asked her why she was doing that.  She simply replied "because I can."  Then stated "and it's boring to not shake it".  Ok then.  How can you argue with that?  On the way home she was telling me how she was awake 3 times in the night and would just start singing some random song.  She says "I was like, this is such a weird night! And Bo was making that little squeak noise you make when you are sleeping, you know that one?  Anyway, it's really annoying but I need him so it's ok.  Cuz I get totally freaked out if there's no one there and there's nothing in my mind.  So it's a good thing there's Primary songs in there other wise I would be freaked out!"  Now this is mostly cute if you have ever watched Katy talk.  She makes really funny faces and uses her hands a lot.  I could chat with her all day, never a boring moment.

Last night, after Rhett spent the day watching the Walking Dead with Stephen, his friend and one of Rhett's friends, he came down crying holding a teddy bear saying he was too scared to go to sleep.  I knew this would happen.  I hate them watching that crap anyway, but Rhett is not tough about stuff like that.  We talked about it not being real and I asked if sleeping in the living room would be better.  He said no because even though he knows it's not real, IF it was though.. he'd be the first to go.  Oy.  He'd already prayed and turned a light on so now I don't have a lot of good advice for him.  I offered to let him sleep on the floor by my bed, as had Whitley already.  He spent some time putting a bunch of church music on the iPod to let that play while he tried to sleep as well.  We talked about the difference between dark and light and how once you let dark things like that in, you can't get rid of them.  Glade got home a little bit later and offered to give him  a blessing.

I don't know if this is too personal for a blog, but I wanted it written and this is my only journal so I'm going to do it anyway.  In the blessing, Rhett was told that he would remember this night for the rest of his life and that he has the gift of discernment.  That this experience would help in the future as he interviews people.  Pretty awesome if you ask me.  I love the priesthood.  He went back upstairs with the offer from Glade that he would sleep on the couch if Rhett wanted his side of the bed.  We didn't hear from him again.

Stephen quit his job.  He was supposed to find another first, but it didn't work that way.  He has hated it from the beginning, but it goes up and down.  This weekend he had had it so he gave his 2 weeks notice.  His boss seemed surprised and asked if he really hated it that much.  This, after she pulled him into the walk in to yell at him for not making new pans.  He told her she never taught him to do that and she said "well you should know!"  Then add in all the drop out pot heads that work there and you can imagine his distaste for the place.  She also makes him feel bad for asking for any time off.  He's worked every Fri and Sat since October.  When he gave her the dates for the regional choir concert and our 2 family trips, she yelled at him and said "all this time off is ridiculous".  Mind you, these dates spanned 3 months.  So, I hate that he didn't get a job first, but I like that he won't be there anymore.  Now back to the hunt...Yuck.

No comments: