Monday, February 18, 2013

Good Stuff


Just a random post of a few things I wanted to get down.  First, Chelsey is starting to have a little baby bump.  She has lost a lot of weight since she got pregnant so her belly is all baby now. So cute.  It's still hard for my brain to wrap around a little.  I'M supposed to have baby bumps, that's what I do.  So it's strange to hear her have all the conversations I've been having for the last twenty years.  But she's doing well and they find out what it is in a couple of weeks.  Very exciting!


Not sure if I mentioned that Rhett turned 15 last week.  I can't even begin to comprehend that.  Although he proved it to me by quickly noting that he has armpit hair.  When I asked him if he wanted me to pluck all 3 of them out, he was quick to show me the proof.  Yep, he's got some hair in there.  I'm a proud mom.  He and I went to Panda Express on the night of his birthday.  I really enjoy Rhett most days, he's a cool kid.

Dalin went on his first camp out with the Deacons.  I haven't heard much about it, he's not a talker, but he had a great time and came back in one piece.  That's all that really matters to me!  Today he is forgoing the park with the family to go play airsoft with a bunch of kids in the ward.  I'm all for him having more friends!

On a spiritual note, I love when there's proof that our kids are learning.  For example, while laying in bed with Katy, somehow being blind came up and she said she wouldn't be blind cuz she would put mud on her eyes and go wash in the river.  I asked if she had learned that on  Sunday and she said "no, during scriptures!"  That was a long time ago, but she remembered.  Awesome.  While at Bo's parent/teacher conference, he showed me some of his writing samples and several of them mentioned Jesus or Heavenly Father.  He just writes it freely without concern about what his teacher might think.  I love it.  Then in Dalin's class, they had made models of their Biztown city.  His model included a Temple.  It's so rewarding to see them living what you teach them.  

Stephen and his friends stopped playing basketball one day to go help a friend work on his Eagle project.  They didn't have to and it wasn't fun work, but they did it because they love their friends.  I was able to send him away to an overnight trip with choir with complete confidence that he would make good choices and be the kind of kid we've asked him to be.  That's an awesome feeling.

So though some days seem eternal and completely unproductive, and plenty of days I growl under my breath (sometimes really loud), in the grand scheme of things it all seems to be going pretty well.

No comments: