Friday, February 15, 2013

My day of 3's

I woke up exhausted this morning.  Whitley had friends over (loud friends) till after 11:30 last night.  I was already exhausted from my very long and emotional Valentine's day and just wanted to sleep.  Finally, it was quiet and I got to sleep just before midnight.  Then, Stephen came in our room getting laundry baskets about 4:45 am.  What??  Not a good start to my very busy day.

After the kids left for school I just wanted to crawl back into my  bed and go back to sleep. BUT, I had a lot of things that needed to get done today.  I hadn't done any paperwork the day before and I needed to run as well.  Bills needed to be paid and laundry needed to get done.  I must get moving!

By 11 am (time to get Katy), I had payed the bills, done 3 loads of laundry, did 30 pages of work, and run 3 miles.  I had exactly enough time to shower and get ready before I was due to get Jenny and head to the movies. Her kids had a half day so Katy stayed there while she and I went to see Safe Haven.  We were meeting my Mom and Chelsey there as well.  As we sat munching on our popcorn (lunch), I realized I was there with 3 of my favorite people!  What a lucky girl I am.  The movie was really good, but I was so tired and wanted to get home for a nap.

As we drove home, we passed Dalin's scout leader driving the other direction. That's curious I thought, he's in his scout shirt. Camp out!!  Crud, Dalin was supposed to be leaving for a camp out in exactly 5 min.  Thank goodness for canned chicken and potatoes.  I threw together a foil dinner and some other snacks while he packed a bag and we rushed him out the door.  Whew, that was great timing or I would have never remember and he would have been really sad.

I still had to get Jenny home, pick up Katy and go pick up Rhett at school which now I was 30 min late doing that.  Oh yah, Nick had called to let me know he was already at work.  I thought he worked at 4, but it was really 3 so I wasn't here to take him.  His manager had to come and get him.  Woops.

Once finally home, I promised the kids dinner if they would just give me 30 minutes to close my eyes.  Well they did, but only after 3 different children came in to ask me stuff.  Might as well get up at this point.  I fixed chicken tacos, cut some music for Whitley and tried to lay down with Katy who was also exhausted from having no nap today.  That didn't work so well so I decided to get up and Blog!  My eyes are stinging and quite blurry and I really just want to crawl back into my bed.  I think it's even legal by now!!  I wish I could say that tomorrow would be a day to rest and catch up but, no.  I have a 10 mile run, Stephen's regional choir concert and a Valentine's Dance I'm in charge of.  No rest for the weary!!

No comments: