Friday, February 15, 2013

Hate the Half Day

I've never loved a half day.  It messes with everything!  The worst is when half day kindergarten is half day.  It's actually only one and a half hours.  What a waste.  This particular half day, Dalin woke up with a fever so he was staying home and Bo had a field trip I wasn't willing to pay for so he was home as well.  So I tried to convince Katy to stay home and we would do something fun.  She was up, dressed and mostly ready for school when she finally decided she was going to stay home after all.  Whew.  I got the rest of the kids out the door just in time for the bus and started morning clean up.  Suddenly she starts to cry and say she just wants to go to school. Really???

So the bus should be pulling up in about 3 minutes.  I frantically try to get her back in her school clothes, grab a jacket and rush her out to the door yelling "run!"  Bo had been watching and the bus hadn't come yet. As she raced down the road I noticed her crazy hair.  We never quite made it that far.  Oh well, we all have bad hair days, right?

As I'm waiting for her to get out of class an hour and a half later, I retell our silly story to the receptionist and she mentions to me that today was class pictures.  Oy.  So, she will now have crazy hair photographic proof of her dedication to her schooling.  And I win mother of the year.

The next day was also a half day, she asked to stay home when she got out of bed.  I quickly responded with "no!".

No comments: