Wednesday, January 16, 2013

we got puppies!

I'm a glutton for punishment.  And totally crazy.  And just plain insane.  A friend on FB was offering these pups for free. FREE.  I like free things.  I had already been contemplating getting little dogs and here were some for FREE.  So I got them.  They are a Terrier Beagle mix, girls.  8 weeks when I got them.  The kids were over the moon happy!  They even agreed to sleep in the living room to take them out at night.  I just want to say that it's been down to 22 degrees the whole week.  Rhett has been the trooper to stay every single night.  The other kids have all taken turns, but he has been every time.  The good news is that most nights they sleep till 4:30 or 5 am.  That's not too bad, just really cold!  

We are working on crate training them, but this is where we are weak.  The kids just like to have them out and always point the finger when they have an accident and say someone else was supposed to be watching them.  It's hard to watch them both, for sure.  We named them Lilly and Jules.  Lilly goes potty every single time we put her out.  Jules, not so much.  And after a week, they are still completely comfortable going in my house.  I just think there are too many of us for consistent punishment.  I know it's only a week, but its frustrating.  It's easier just to let them play outside.  But we are trying to stick with it.  We have to if we are to keep them.  

They are extremely playful and love to wrestle and chase each other.  We have a few toys they love to chew and tug of war with.  We are also trying to control the chewing factor.  I guess time will tell if we are successful or not.  But for now, it's a big commitment.  





No comments: