Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I feel like Bragging

We go through spurts around here of just some really good periods of time and then there a few rough ones. I need to make sure we acknowledge all the good stuff.  For starters:

Katy - She is reading more every single day.  Straight A's on her report card.  She is still taking naps mostly voluntarily every day and gets in the car after school with the question "what are we doing today?"  She seems to think we need to DO something every day. I think she's ready for full time school. She is starting a dance class next week and she is SO very excited, but a little shy.  That will be fun for her.

Dalin - Dalin received the Leader of the Month award for December.  No fuss, almost didn't even tell me.  He is turning 12, receiving the Aaronic Priesthood and becoming a Deacon.  He is so excited!  And such a great kid, does his jobs without being told and rarely ever complains.  Although he complains when I give him "long hugs". Apparently he has a time limit on his comfort zone with hugging.  Lucky for him, I don't care.  I like long hugs.  It's fun.

Rhett - Rhett made the honor roll, joined the chess team and started track.  He was going to do the school play but the performances were while we were at the beach.  He has been so great with the dogs too.  I love how confident he has become and how much I don't have to keep him doing the right things.  He makes me proud!

Brooklyn - Brookyn is still playing basketball.  She wasn't able to play the whole last quarter because of her grades but now she's good.  She doesn't get to play a whole lot, but she is by far the best rebounder.  That girl gets in there and gets it!  The fact that she is still getting to practice by 5:45 am every day all on her own and continuing to try is so great.

Bo - Bo is turning 8 this year and will be baptized.  He is way excited and gets to come to scouts with me as well.  That will be so fun to have him in my group.  He really struggled with keeping things together, but we are working on it and he is doing better.  He is sticking with his piano and has a "natural talent" for it according to his teacher.  (She may tell every mom that, but he really is pretty good)  Even when he is frustrating the crud out of me, he gives that adorable one toothed smile and it just melts your heart. He's such a sweet boy.

Stephen - Stephen has had a rough patch or two and has really risen up to his challenges.  He truly is becoming a  Man of God.  His GPA fell to 3.74 this quarter so we are working on getting that back up to a 4.0 (gotta have improvement Ü)  He is working hard and saving lots of money.  He still hugs and kisses me all the time. Hopefully he will be getting his license next week, woohoo!   It's fun to see them grow into men.

Nick - Nick has had all his own struggles and seems to make life more difficult than necessary.  I feel like he's in a pretty good place right now with some good goals.  He is taking a life guarding course at school and that will really challenge him.  He hasn't done anything hard in a really long time.  We hopefully have him slated to graduate by the end of 2013.  He will have to stay on top of it, but it's totally doable if he will stick with it.  Our hope is that he will be ready to serve a mission at that time.  If he chooses not to do that, he can work full time and finally strike out on his own.  He is more than ready for that. He works at McDonald's and not surprisingly, they love him there. In the meantime, he's pleasant to have around and helpful most of the time, when he's not being the torturous big brother :)

Whitley - Poor Whitley.  She is just sweet and nice and not sure what to do with her life.  She is still working at the theater and doing respite for our friend.  She loves both things, but she really doesn't make enough money.  She really has no real plans other than to find Prince Charming.  I absolutely love having her around during the day so it's hard for me to insist she go work, lol.  She's just good.

Chelsey and Spencer - If I haven't mentioned before... They're having a baby!!  That was our gift for Christmas.  We are so excited both for them and us.  Thus far she hasn't been too sick and heard the heart beat today.  She is due Aug 7.  She isn't going to school anymore and now just trying to keep herself busy till the baby comes.  I'm positive she'll be great at being a mom. ♥  Now if she'll just listen to me and move in down the street, it'll be perfect. ;)

Me - I'm still trying to get on track for the half marathon in a few weeks.  I'm getting better, but it's still hard. I eat way too much to lose any weight even with all my running.  Someday I'll figure all that out.  In the meantime, I spend my time doing paperwork, running and trying to stay on top of daily life.  I spend way too much time driving people around and my laundry is stacked way too high.  But I try not to stress and just keep plugging along.  Life passes way too quickly!!

Glade - Glade is working and making big decisions at work.  He spends a great deal of time doing his calling as Elders Quorum President.  He takes it very seriously and has been a great blessing to many that he serves.  He has been sick with a nasty cough for weeks so his running has virtually stopped.  We still go out every weekend and have a few little trips in the works.

We are far from perfect and all have our trials, but mostly we are just one big happy family!  We really are very blessed. ♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy family! Congratulations to you and Glade on becoming grandparents! What a fun time that will be.
Dacia

Leslie said...

I love the updates. Good to hear all the good stuff. :)