Sunday, January 6, 2013

22 Years



Twenty two years and counting.  Yesterday was our anniversary.  I always encourage people who are considering a wedding date to stay away from this time of year.  It's fun the first year, but kinda stinky from then on.  By the time I'm done with Halloween, Thanksgiving, the whole Christmas season, New Years and having my kids home for two weeks, I can barely think about my anniversary.  I'm just too exhausted.

This year in an attempt to at least make an effort, I planned a long date for us.  We didn't exchange gifts or even cards this year.  I made reservations for us to get massages at Massage Envy.  They have a couples room where you are together the whole time.  This was Glade's first time, and my second. The first was not a good experience.  He was really nervous about the whole thing.  I'm glad I didn't tell him till we were almost there, he may have backed out.  Turns out it was really nice.  Nothing we would do regularly, or maybe even ever again, but fun to have done it once.  After, we went for an early dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  It's great to get there before the dinner rush and have absolutely no waiting.

Glade had agreed to humor me in going car shopping.  We just paid off our van and have no car payment for the first time... ever.  Not that I'm looking for one, but I'd like to see what I could get if I saved all my car payments for a year.  I hate driving the big ol van around every where I go.  Not to mention that it's empty most the time as well.  The kids have beat the heck out of the blue one and that has become "theirs".  So I would like a nice little car with good gas mileage to get me around.  Well, cars cost more than I thought so that was a little disheartening, but it was at least a reality check.

Car shopping was the last thing on my "plan" (it didn't take very long) so now it was 5:30 and we had done everything.  Woops.  Guess when you're old...  So we did a little "shopping" close to where we were and then decided to jump across to the movie theater and see Parental Guidance.  Luckily it was starting in just 20 min so we got right in.  It was pleasantly surprisingly cute.  I had low expectations, but it was really funny and had me crying by the end.  We ended our night at DQ getting hot fudge/brownie ice cream.  Home by 9:30.  Sweet, cuz we started 8am church today.

We love going out with our friends and being with family, but sometimes it's just nice to have each other. ♥

No comments: