Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gingerbread Houses


After many thoughts of nixing all family activities due to insubordinate behavior by the older ones, I decided to give it one more try.  I'm so glad I did.  This night was practically perfect in every way.  It's tradition to do gingerbread houses before Christmas and Grandma  Green always comes.  I was afraid we weren't going to be able to fit it in this year, but we did.  Stephen had to work and Chelsey wasn't able to make it either but we invited our friend Mike to come help.  We first read the book the Three Trees and talked about the reason we celebrate Christmas.  Then we paired up and began the building.  I had my favorite candle lit and Christmas music in the back ground.  Not one argument.  no fussing, no mishaps... just fun and happiness.  As I sat at the end of the table and observed, I was almost moved to tears being so grateful for this family.  Not always are things rosy and perfect, but there are moments.  And those little moments make it all worth it. ♥






 Whitley's a little mad at me posting this, but it's so great.  I said "smile!", but she had candy in her teeth and was trying to get it out when I snapped the pic.  Classic.


 There was almost as much candy in the teeth as the houses.









 Brooklyn being accused of eating as much as she was decorating.  Notice the "wood pile" on the back of their house.  Grandma asked her to put some on the back to help even out the weight.  I think Gram thought it would be nice like the other side, but Brooklyn just slapped a bunch of pieces on top of each other.  Good times.



No comments: