Friday, May 28, 2010

8th Grade Disneyland Trip

For their 8th grade graduation, Stephen and Nick got to go Disneyland with their school. I got to be the chaperone. Long story with Nick cut short, he didn't want to go, changed his mind on the day of and I, as the wonderful mom that I am, made it so he could go. We left at midnight on Tuesday, drove all night on buses and got to Disneyland right around 9 am. Five other adults and myself were in charge of 12 boys. As soon as the doors opened, they all took off running. We tried to catch them, but got chastised by the workers for running in the park. We were all separated within a half hour. We gathered and then separated for the most part of the day, trying to at least have some adult with each group. The problem was that the kids didn't care at all and just took off all the time. Around noon, some of the adults decided to go ride some rides by ourselves since we had lost most of the kids. Turns out one of the other chaperones was a kid I went to high school with. We rode some roller coasters and a thing called the Tower of Terror. I actually really liked it. Takes you up and then drops you. I don't normally like those, but because we were enclosed, it was OK. After a few rounds on those things, I started to not feel so well.

We found our group and went to have lunch. Eating at Disneyland is ridiculous! Anyway, spent the rest of the day doing more rides and chasing kids. By that time, another group had caught up with us, so we had quite a few leaders and very few kids. We eventually just parted ways and went as adults to different things for the rest of the day. Luckily most had cell phones so we kept in touch with them.

By dinner, we were like zombies. We slept very little on the bus ride since a few of the boys did not SHUT UP the whole way there. Even my boys were wondering if we had to stay there for 3 more hours. We had dinner and then went and did a few repeat rides and more chill things. That was the only part of the day I spent with the boys. By ten, we were wiped and so ready to go home. We got back on the buses and headed for home. It was much quieter on the trip back!

Fun note: while there, I met Koli 's (Biggest Loser) brothers. I saw the gray shirts with their names on them and got so excited. I ran right over and asked if they were here. No, they were at Six Flags. I talked to them for just a minute and told them how much I loved both Sam and Koli. Very exciting for me. Should have taken a picture!

This is a building at California Adventure, pretty cool..huh?


This is California Screamin'. I did A LOT of that.


This is the tower of terror. It really was more fun than I could have imagined.


Lastly, Space Mountain. Everyone in our group was prepared for the camera and did silly poses except for me. Still holdin on and screamin!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Looks like fun. I love Disneyland! I haven't ever been brave enough to try the tower of terror. Other than that, I love those rides. I'm glad you had fun. I think you will have even more fun (although different fun) when you take your little ones. That is cool about Koli's brothers.