Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rambling

Let's see, where to begin....Friday night, Brooklyn was supposed to have a game, then it got cancelled. I went ahead and made plans to go out, but then at the last minute, it was on again. Hmmm, Glade said he would go to the game and I could carry out my plans. Chelsey, mom and I had planned to go see Letters to Juliet when she got off work at 9 pm. I went really early to get Nick, Stephen and Jordan to Ironman on time so Mom and I just hung out at the mall till our movie started. It was such a cute movie. Loved seeing it with two of my best girls! The boys enjoyed their movie, including Nick, who by the way, still has a mouth full of scabs. It's the nastiest thing I may have ever seen. I feel so awful for him. It's healing, but still so yucky and painful. He has lost way too much weight and looks waify and weak. He refuses to even try to drink the Ensure shakes I got for him, so he's been with pretty much nothing for almost a full week. As bad as I feel for him, it frustrates me that he won't do any of the things he has been told will get him better sooner. At least try!

Saturday, Glade and Stephen left really early for a long bike ride. I did TONS of laundry and a little reading. Bo talked me into taking them all to Basha pool once their chores were done. We went and only stayed for about an hour. They had a great time. I could go on again about the misguided theory that everyone wants to see everyone else's "everything", but I did that last year. It's a family pool for Heaven's sake!!

That night we had our Ragnar Reunion party. Most of us went to dinner first and then to Kristine's to watch the video I made of all our pictures. It was fun to reminisce a little. I love having common bonds with great people. Chelsey had gotten invited to go see Carrie Underwood in concert this same night so she was in Tuscon with her friends. She texted me and told me that Craig Morgan was two feet from her!! AAAHHHH!! I think that's how she put it. Again, I love that she wanted to tell me. I was really worried about her getting home safely. I could see the headlines. "Boy falls asleep at the wheel, 4 teenagers die" "Girl had such a promising future, heading to NAU on scholarship". I know it's morbid, but it happens and I just don't know what I would do if it ever happened to me. I have come to some sense of peace that God's will be done, so if she was meant to go, no amount of praying would change that. Again, I worry, it's depressing, but I also love the place I have come to to be able to have that peace.

Church was good today, one of my favorite people spoke and I always feel uplifted when he speaks. Today I had a sad but real awakening. Katy found her "glass slipper" upstairs this morning. She came right down to look for the match. Once she found it, she stripped right down to get into her princess dress. She asked me to zip her then pranced off to get her shoes. I love it. AND it's coming to an end. My babies are growing up. All those little poems about little hand prints are coming to mean more now that the hand prints are getting larger! Life is happening and I just want to make sure I'm fully participating as it does.

Tonight we had Thanksgiving dinner. I still had the turkey we got at the Turkey Trot for having the most family members running. I decided it was time to cook it up and have a feast. We had all the trimming including home made bread. It was fun to do something a little out of the ordinary. Glade had to be out working unfortunately, so he missed it, but the kids and I had a good time. We had left over dessert from last night so they are excited to have "muffins with holes in them" as Bo calls it. Angel Food Cake for the rest of us, topped with strawberries and whipped cream. Yum!

This whole week is filled with end of the year activities. Only one and a half more weeks! Not only is every night this week filled, but then I go to Disneyland with Stephen next week and then two weeks later to Disneyland with my family. All the good stuff is right around the corner!

No comments: