Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The End of A Birthday

Yesterday we finally finished up Bo's birthday. He had been contemplating what to do for his party and it came down to this: Chuck E. Cheese with a friend. How nice is that for me?? So after preschool, I took Bo and Brayden and Katy to Chuck E. Cheese and we stayed for a little over an hour. They ate nasty pizza and played lots of games and came home with plastic bugs. Perfect day for two little boys!

The afternoon brought scouts and taxi and then a mother appreciation dinner with Chelsey. I totally didn't want to go, but she did so we went. An appreciation dinner is great except when the mother can't eat what's served. Instead it was mother torture night. Seriously, it wasn't that big of a deal, I took my own food, answered a bunch of questions and had an enjoyable time chatting with nice people. By the time I got home, I was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed and watch Biggest Loser. I showered first so by the time I got started, it was almost 9 pm. Too late for me to start something! I made it through with just "listening" to the end with my eyes closed. Normally I don't like the makeover one but this one was good.

Today we got up and around quickly. I swept and mopped which was desperately needed then headed to Costco. I just needed about 3 things and of course the thing I needed that was in the back corner of the store was no longer there. After searching briefly, I asked and, of course, it was at the opposite corner of the store now. On the way home, my AC in my car stopped working. We quick stopped at home and switched cars and headed to the library for Story Time. I had never been but I thought it would be nice for the kids. We got there just in time. Alicen met us there, we did Story Time and then went to Chick Fil A for lunch. Katy barely made it, she was ready for a nap, but the others had a fun time. We may do it more often.

Tonight we have two ball games. Bo groans every time I mention it. We are snack today so that made it a little more bearable for him. Brooklyn's is late, which last time lasted too late. But, after tonight, they each have one more game. Yeah for the end! I know that sounds terrible, but that's how I feel right now. One more "to do" I can stop doing for awhile. Summer is looking better and better! Minus this heat that is now more seasonable and not so enjoyable. My hair is starting to show the effects!

No comments: