Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reality?

What is my reality? As I was on the treadmill watching the Biggest Loser, trying to undo some of the damage of the last 24 hours (pizza and brownies), a commercial for a pill that is supposed to produce big weight loss came on. I was so excited, maybe that could be my answer! Wait, I don't really need an answer. I'm barely over the bracket of healthy weight range. My mind hasn't caught up with that yet. I'm still looking for that "best" way to get this weight off. Mind you, I'm aware I still have weight to get off, but not to the degree of needing things like that. I stayed on the treadmill for an hour and a half. I still can't run for long periods because of this stupid muscle in my hip, but at least it was something. The Biggest Loser has always been an inspiration to me. It's when I actually started actively losing weight. However, today was a little depressing. They had past contestants come run the marathon with this season's people. They have all gained weight back. I know that is to be expected to some degree, but I would put them back on the "hefty" side. Except Ali. I was kind of disappointed in Sione. He is doing motivational speaking and got his trainers license and he is kind of big again. If these people can't keep it going, how am I supposed to? Is that just reality? It's very scary to think that in two years, I may be just as big as I was two years ago. I know it's all about choices, but man...to see them go back to that after all they went through...not very encouraging.

Glade went to Denver today to look at C-stores there and is now stuck there over night. I guess there are a lot of tornadoes in Denver right now so they aren't letting any planes in or out. Bummer. He isn't feeling well either. Hopefully he can get home in the morning.

I'm making Nick go back to school tomorrow. His mouth is still pretty nasty, but he really only has about 3 days left and he needs to get that work made up. He at least has been wanting to eat today so that's a good sign.

Brooklyn won her game on Monday so now she plays tomorrow night. She hurt her ankle, but has toughed it out and ready to go again. She and I had a mother daughter activity at church today. It was nice to spend time with her. They had a dessert tasting competition which was not good! Well, it was very good actually, but....

Off to shower and get some more chapters read in my book. I guess it's another night alone for me. Visiting teaching early in the morning and then lunch with mom. I have a meeting with Nick's teachers about the IEP results and then Brooklyn's game, should be a good day!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I totally agree about the BL thing. I was shocked when Sione came out. It is kind of scary, and sad! Good for you with the treadmill though. Good luck with everything tomorrow.

Jake and Jenny said...

I have loved this season of Biggest Loser, and I totally agree that it is dissapointing to see them gain it back, especially sad to see Daris gain that 2 pounds, but he did so awesome on the marathon.