Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Big 2-0





Today I officially hit 20 lbs since I very first started doing the drops oh-so-long ago. This puts me at a total of 72 total in the last two years. I'm even only 4 pounds from what I said would be my ideal goal weight. Isn't it funny that I still look in the mirror and grrr at myself? Are we ever happy? I'm determined to be right now! Lumpy or squishy or slightly out of balance, it is what it is and I'm going to start to enjoy life just the way I am. For now I have so many fun adventures in my near future that I'm going to set my sights on those and enjoy every bit of them without the nagging of losing weight. I'm aware that I will always have to be mindful, but not like the last two years. I say that with all the hoping and praying that in two more years, I won't be 72 pounds heavier! Look out world, dieting Laurie is no more!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is fantastic! You look great!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of you! You have worked really hard, and it truly shows. Dacia

Leslie said...

I love the before and after. You look great. I have been really inspired by your return to fitness. Thanks for being a good example!