Friday, May 21, 2010

Oh My Oh May

May is worse than December by a long shot! (as far as craziness goes) Unfortunately I have not done well with my camera. I love it, but it's big and clunky and not very easy to tote around. Here are some of the things we have been doing these past few weeks.

This is Bo playing t-ball. He was on the Lugnuts. He whined every time I made him go, but liked it once we got there. He was the youngest one on the team and it showed. I'm not sure if he will want to play next year, but he was sure fun to watch! These are from my phone. I actually remembered my good camera for his pizza party where they handed out trophies, but the battery was dead, go figure.


Chelsey went to MoPro (Modest Prom) with a good friend of hers, Sherod. It wasn't without drama, which seems to be the way with her and school dances, but she had a really good time. They didn't do a day date or dinner or anything, just the dance and dessert after. She was really happy about that and to be able to go with someone she is so comfortable with. I wasn't here to see her off or take pictures, so the other gals mom did it for me, thanks Denise!

She borrowed a dress from a friend a few days before the dance.


Sherod, Chelsey, Sarah and Riggin


Great friends!


Brooklyn had a great time playing ball this year. I've always wanted a girl who could love softball and now I have one. I can't say it's been all that I thought it would be. Her team started out really awful and by the end, were one of the better teams. Brooklyn has improved greatly and is very anxious to play again next year. I was very proud of how dedicated she was. Go Illini!!





At church, we had a mother/daughter fashion show. The goal was to either make or buy really cheaply your outfits. Then we modeled them. The Saturday before the activity, we hit a few Goodwills and were able to find something cute for everyone at practically no cost. I even talked my mom into doing it with us. I didn't love Whitley's dress, but she liked it and it was only $10. Can't beat that. We had a fun time at the fashion show and Katy even went by herself to "twirl". It was a fun night together.

Brooklyn - shirt and jeans =$5


Chelsey - borrowed dress = free


Whitley - dress = $10


Whitley, Tina, Brooklyn, Laurie, Chelsey and little Katy in front


Mom - jeans and shirt= $7

Laurie - jeans and shirt = $9 Katy - dress = $2
We still have a Disneyland trip and four graduations (Chelsey, Stephen and Nick (8th) and Bo (preschool) to finish out the month. I'm counting the days till summer!

No comments: