Monday, May 24, 2010

Flying High

Life is like a roller coaster. 'Nough said! Well, actually I'll be on one in about 36 hours at Disneyland! This is the week I have had some anxiety/anticipation for. After a flurry of a weekend, it's finally here. I started by running outside (probably the last time for now) for four miles again today. I only had three short breaks of walking and my average time was still 10:30 min/miles. For me, and for how long I haven't been training, that's really good. The funny thing about running is that sometimes it's pure torture and sometimes its like nothing could feel better or more rewarding. Today was one of those good days. My hip still hurts a little, but not like it was. So grateful for that.

I spent the rest of the day doing laundry. I completely neglected that this weekend and my kids all said they had plenty of clothes for the week. That was tempting to just let it all go, but I was diligent and got it almost all done, including putting it away! We have absolutely NO plans for tonight. It's the first time in about two months that we have had Monday night free. I totally should have planned FHE, but I didn't. We are just going to chill and hang out together, starting with my famous homemade pizza. The kids are thrilled!

Tomorrow Bo has preschool, then we are going to the pool for lunch. I have scouts, then the boy's 8th grade graduation, the Biggest Loser finale is that night and then we leave for Disneyland around midnight. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Sleeping on a bus two nights in a row isn't exactly great for a girl who needs her beauty sleep! Anyway, we will arrive home Thursday morning around 5 am. Bo has preschool grad at 8:30 am, kids have a half day of school (their last) and then I have Bunko that night. I may be a walking zombie, but dadgummit, I'll be there!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You can do it! At least everything (except the bus ride) is fun!