Saturday, May 22, 2010

Parent Mode

Thursday we had two different choir concerts to attend. Stephen's and the Girls'. I tried to make it to Stephen's and then be a little late to the other, but it was going on forever. I left right before they started so I wouldn't miss Chelsey. This is her senior year and they do an emotional senior farewell number that I really felt I should be there for. Sorry Stephen! The concert was nice, too artsy for me - can we sing something in English?? We got home just before 10 to Chelsey and Sarah trying to figure out how to make their physics project work. They were up till almost 3 am working on it. They had to paint it when it was done and I had warned Chelsey not to paint on anything that it would stick to. As I was getting ready to get out of bed the next morning, I had a thought. I jumped up and went to check and sure enough, she painted in the grass. Good girl. Only she left it there and our sprinklers go off first thing in the morning. The zone right before that one was already going. I pulled it onto the porch just in time. That would have been awful.

Dalin barely had a fever Friday and he really wanted to go to school and had been acting just fine so I gave him medicine and took him part way through the morning. That's probably wrong, but I did it anyway. Glade was also home sick that day. He never stays home so that was amazing all in of itself. After school, since Glade still wasn't feeling well, I loaded the kids up and took them to the pool. I was able to get a family pass for the whole summer because we have a rental in that same city and they let me count that. Now we can go whenever we want and not feel like I need to stay to get my money's worth.

This morning I woke up early to go run. I haven't run since Tuesday and that was barely running. Since it was early, I wanted to run outside. I took Whitley to a service project and then went to a close by neighborhood to run. My iPod was dead so I had no music and worse, no NIKE+ to tell me how far or fast I was going. I went 4 miles and in a pretty decent time. (I had to guesstimate). I was able to run the first two solid, then walk/ran the last two, but mostly ran. My hip didn't really start to show itself till about mile 3. Getting better! It was good to run again.

I sped home to shower and change so I could go with my mom to get facials. She had gotten them free from somewhere. We got there and they messed up our times so we had an hour to kill. The facial was not what we expected and actually slightly strange. She never washed or wiped her hands between applying things to each of us. Sometimes went straight from one face to another with the same product on her fingers. Now, it's my mom so I didn't care about that, but socially and everything else...isn't that just wrong? We walked out with very soft skin. We went to lunch and then headed our separate ways. Thanks for taking me!

Tonight we have Brooklyn's closing ceremonies, which normally I would avoid and even bribe to not go to, but she has loved it so and been so dedicated, I feel we must go. It will be torture as they announce and present trophies to all 500+ girls. Woohoo! Glade is still feeling awful and should probably stay home, but he's not very good at that.

This coming week is the boy's graduation, Disneyland and Bo's graduation. Should be very fun!

No comments: