Monday, October 5, 2009

Sunday in the kitchen

This weekend was General Conference for our church. I always love to hear our leaders and feel inspired to do better. It's tradition for us to have a big Sunday breakfast and then sit together for the morning session. This time we had breakfast burritos, which are always a hit. I had gotten 15 lbs of pork on sale this week and needed to can it before we leave on our trip, so I got that started so it could process during conference. Once conference was over, I started the second batch of pork, made a batch of cupcakes to take to Sunday dinner and then started on cinnamon rolls. That is also a tradition for us, but I just wasn't feeling up to it, but my kids made me feel bad so I did it anyway. Glade always takes them on a walk after the first session to get them outside and moving around. This also gives me time to clean up breakfast and do cinnamon rolls. They turned out really good and once I started working in the kitchen, I didn't mind it at all. I took pictures and will blog about it on my other blog.

I didn't get much of a nap since I was waiting for meat to process and dough to rise but it was all good. We went to Glade's parents for dinner which was also nice since I had made such a mess of my kitchen. Nick and Brooklyn were still sick so they stayed home. Poor Brooklyn, the cupcakes were for her birthday and she didn't even get to go. I should have left Bo home too, but I thought his fever had gone. He has still had one all day today. I wish he would kick it. Now that makes 5 kids that have had fevers. I'm kind of hoping Katy will catch it as we drive back to IL. Her just wanting to sleep all day wouldn't be so bad for a car ride!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

your other blog?

Thanks for the secret Halloween reminder. We do something secret, too.