Friday, October 23, 2009

Look at me.....I'm blogging!

I'm not sure where the time goes, I know some is wasted on my Bejeweled addiction, but that is minimal. I know I've done some laundry and read a little and taken a few naps, but it doesn't appear as if I've been that busy, but apparently too busy to blog. I think it has a lot to do with feeling the need to blog about a big event but the task seems overwhelming. I've decided to blog about vacation in pieces instead of the whole thing at once. At least it might get done that way.

Our garden is still growing. I'm just crossing my fingers that something dumb doesn't happen to ruin it. Actually, we've already had a close call. Somehow, that zone of our sprinkler got turned off while we were out of town so it didn't get water at all while we were gone. It seems to be ok, we'll see. I've canned more apple pie filling, gotten pack meeting planned and made my trip to the scout store. I was given the task of creating two baskets for a Stake funraiser coming up and that should be fun. I had Bunko last night which was really fun and much needed. This weekend is jam packed and that always stresses me out. It always goes fine, but having that much going on in my brain is a hassle. I wish I was good at just letting it all happen and enjoy each thing instead of stressing and just being glad when it's all over. I'm SO happy the weather has been nice. I've stuck to my diet every day except yesterday and I will blame that on Bunko.

Before Bunko we went out to dinner at the Wildflower Bread Co. Leslie and I shared Butter Nut Squash Ravioli. It was like having "fall" in your mouth. Delectable. Other than that and eating too many of these awful snacks Camille made, I've done really well.

So, in a nutshell, time passes quickly. I'm grateful to have such great family and friends and people to love and care for my family. I love my Bunko girls and my great kids (who aren't always so great) and to have an adoring husband......what a blessing. I always get a little emotional and sappy when the holidays are approaching. It gets worse each year. Yesterday the girls and I watched "An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving". The title is a little misleading, but it was a nice story and tears were involved. It actually was a sad story, but you know...happy ending and all. Normally I love Halloween, but this year I haven't gotten into it that much. Now I'm just ready to start on the two biggies coming up. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! (Oh wait, that's actually in August...when school starts.) I think it's a toss up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayy! Laurie's blogging. The world isn't going to end this week. Take each day as it comes, warts and all. Have a great weekend! Dacia

Camille said...

Awful?! I'll just take that with a grain of salt and know that they weren't really THAT bad or you wouldn't have eaten so many. :) I may just have to make another batch and drop some off at someone's house. :) Bunko was soo fun and I really needed it. I will definately miss all of you.