Friday, October 9, 2009

Almost There

It's been a long 26 hours! We drove through the night trading off and on every 5 hours or so. The kids have been fantastic!! I'm seriously so impressed with how nice and cooperative they have been. Almost no arguing, no fussing, everyone slept all night...no unplanned potty breaks. It's been unbelievable. We got here in record time as well. Can't beat that! I'm already tired of fast food. Yuck. Last night while I was driving and feeling yucky about what I had eaten all day, I decided to get a work out in. Glade and the kids were sleeping so while "cautiously" driving with the cruise on, I used Glade's big soda bottle and did every arm exercise I could think of and had room to do. My arms felt like rubber when I was done. I did crunches and toe raises and leg lifts all while sitting in my chair. Then I started moving my legs back and forth and making a punching motion in the air with my free arm to get a little cardio going and Glade woke up. From the silence I hear "what kind of move is that??". Even if I only burned a few extra calories, at least it was something and it was very helpful in staying awake. We are only about 2 hours from our destination. Very excited to get out of this van and give my rear a rest! It's been cold and rainy and beautiful! I will try to keep updated as things occur so I won't get so behind and not want to do anymore.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun ride! I wish I had video of your exercising while driving. Smart!

Anonymous said...

so glad you're here! love, Dad

Danny said...

I really really am

Tammy said...

Sounds like you made it. Have a great time!

Lulu said...

Working out while driving and on vacation!? Glad you are safe and getting skinnier at the same time! Ü