Thursday, October 15, 2009

Heading Home

It's a bittersweet day. We are heading home a little early from our trip to visit family in IL. We weren't planning on leaving till Saturday, but the weather has been cold and rainy which leaves us mostly stuck inside, so we decided to go ahead and leave for home. The good part is that we did everything we wanted to do and saw everyone we wanted to see, well almost (you know who you are). It was a fun week with so many good memories made and others relived. I have so many pictures that I couldn't upload till I get home so I will post more details later. Our van is packed FULL! I came home with my pressure cooker and 13 dozen jars my Gram got for me, plus a suitcase full of really old pictures I was able to collect and 9 pumpkins that we didn't have on the way here. It's a tight fit, but we got it all in. So many projects to get started on now that I don't know when I'll have time to be a mom! Just kidding of course. Hopefully we will be home by Friday night which gives me all the weekend to get things put back together before school starts again.

Although it was cut short a little, we had a great time. My dad and Jo were most hospitable as we trashed their home and filled their garbages. I hope they know how much their efforts are appreciated. It's no little chore to take in 11 extra people!! We love you guys. Go West young Smiths! We're coming for you Jack!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home! Can't wait to see what you will can next. You are bringing all the kids back, aren't you? Dacia

Leslie said...

I miss your blog updates! Hope you're home safe and sound by now. I'm excited to hear more about your pictures!