Sunday, November 24, 2013

the Little Ones

Bo and Katy are both getting so big!  I certainly don't have toddlers around any more.  Bo is 8 now and wanting to be big.  It's hard when all the boys are so much bigger than he is and doing things he can't do.  He has made some really good friends at school and continues to get awards for being the top of his class for different subjects.   He has also started speech and is working on his lisp.  I'm SO happy about that!  He's still cuter than heck but learning about free agency.  That, and the fact that although you have choice, you also have rules and consequences.  He'd play video games all day if we'd let him, but has recently decided books were pretty cool, thanks to the Hardy Boys. 
 
Bo was helping me do apples and was happy to keep peeling as long as there was a string of peel to keep chewing on.
 
Katy is just a little ray of sunshine.  She recently had her dance concert and did awesome as always.  She loves to follow rules and receive the praise from it.  She does so great in school and has some cute little friends.  She loves being at the theater with me and can sing and dance most of our numbers.  I'm pretty sure performing is in her future.
 



 

 


 
While at rehearsal one day, she showed me her loose tooth and begged me to pull it.  I didn't think the timing was very good so I resisted, but she insisted so we pulled it.  Her other one is loose too so maybe, just maybe... by Christmas she'll be singing the song!
 
 
I recently volunteered in her class and she beamed from ear to ear from the moment she saw my name on the calendar till the time I left her classroom.  She kept counting down the days to me.  If I had known it would mean so much to her, I'd have done it sooner.  After I was done with my tasks that day, she and I left for lunch and went to Subway.  We had a fun day together. ♥

No comments: