Sunday, November 3, 2013

Our Trip to Colorado

After the craziness of the wedding and all, I really just wanted a time out with my husband.  He had earned free miles from all the trips he's taken lately, so we used them to fly to Denver.  Denver, you ask?  We just picked a spot and went with it.  We left early on a Thursday morning and hopped on a plane.  Mom, as always, was my hero and stayed with my kids.  I guess I should also mention that Stephen stepped up as well.  The first morning, he was the only one there to get kids ready and get them to school.  Including a ponytail attempt on Katy.  They had a great time!  Back to CO, when we got into our rental car, we found this:

Loved it!!  We didn't need it, but it was still fun to think about it.  We had absolutely no plans whatsoever and weren't familiar with Denver so we were a little lost at what exactly to do to fill our time.  I had done a little research and found that they had a Molly Brown Museum House.  First stop!


They didn't allow any photography in the house, but I just love stuff like that.  It was beautiful and romantic and so different from what we have now.  I think she and I would have been great friends.Ü


I was really tired by afternoon due to our early departure, so we went to the hotel and I took a nap...surprising, I know.  The cool part was that it was 4 pm and it didn't even matter!  I slept for awhile and we finally headed out for dinner.  There was an Italian place just across from the hotel, so we gave it a try.  It was so beautiful! But the food kinda sucked and it was pricey. Still a great night with my guy though.  We took home dessert, cuddled up and put a movie on.


Slept in the next day... cuz we could!  Glade worked a little every morning so while he was doing that, I decided to have breakfast in bed: 

I had also been told there was a city in CO called North Pole, and that they had an amusement park called  Santa's workshop.  So we went!  It was a long drive.  In hind site, I wish we would have stayed in Colorado Springs, so much to do there.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't North Pole-like.  It was nice, but not chilly in the least.


 Santa was amazing!!  He just sat and talked to the kids about whatever they wanted.  For a long time.  When it was our turn, we videoed him talking to Bo and Katy.  He was so sweet!  They loved getting a personalized message from Santa.

The amusement park was a tiny bit disappointing, but I'm not sure what I expected.  They had lots of little gift shops, but most of the rides were for very little children.  We rode the ferris wheel and the candy cane coaster and that was about it.  We went to a magic show and did a little shopping and indulged in some funnel cake!  Santa even had his own Chapel with a beautiful nativity, I love that!










 That night, we went to a nearby mall to see about a movie and dinner. Turns out they were having a Halloween event so it was swarming with cute little kids all dressed up.  No luck on the movie, so we had dinner and just walked around.



The next day we hung out in the hotel till it was time to check out.  Glade worked and I watched an episode of Once Upon a Time.  It was awesome to just chill doing nothing and not feel bad about it!  We went to another mall with a theater and got there 10 min after the movie had started.  We decided to go anyway.  Got some popcorn and settle in to watch Gravity.  We only had a couple of hours till we needed to be at the airport so we grabbed some pizza and enjoyed the weather!


A trip wouldn't be a trip with Glade, unless we stopped at a circle K and checked out their donuts!


 The last day we were there, we drove around a little and looked at all the beautiful trees.  So many of the streets were just lined with gorgeous trees!  Glade was a super sport and did absolutely everything I asked of him.  We even went into a shoe store!  It's not much and not that exciting, but a few days just to BE with the one you love does wonders.  I highly recommend it. ♥


No comments: