Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Whitley Family Christmas

As my one wish for Christmas I wanted to go home and see my family. Glade agreed, so my mom and I took a little 4 day jaunt back to Illinois. We left on Thursday morning and came home on Sunday afternoon. My sister picked us up from the airport and then we all went to lunch. After much giggling and lots of gooey pasta, we did a little shopping before my Dad came to get me. It was cold and dreary and perfect!

On the way home, Dad and I picked up pizza from the Pizza Joynt. Best pizza ever!!! Unfortunately I was not great company that night, I was asleep by 7:50. That's 6:50 our time. I was a little tired. The next day we just hung out, did some baking and got things ready for the party that night. I went for a run about midday. I got about 4.5 miles in. The temp was right around 40, which I thought would be cold but was perfect!

That night my Dad's whole family showed up. I love my family! I wish I had spent more time with them in my younger years. We ate more food than anyone should. JoAnne had made so many yummy desserts I about made myself sick. I had made a Treasure Box for both my Grandma and my Grandpa Joe. Everyone in the family gave me their best memories of them and I put them on little "gold bars" in the chest along with some candy. We gave Grandpa the chest and he sat and read all the memories. I hope he knows how much he is loved by his family.


Grandpa Joe opening his chest.


Me getting ready to give him the box


Jeff and Lisa


cousin Rusty


Debi and Kathy


Grandpa and Jo eating dinner




Aunt Kathy and Sherri


Me stuffing my plate with Dad behind me


The only picture I actually approved of the whole night.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad you had a good time...glad you are back!

Leslie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, and you look good in lots of pictures! You shouldn't worry so much.