Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More Christmas

Yesterday started early with laundry, blogging, a nice run and a trip to Costco. I know I said I was done, but I guess I forgot to buy food. The kids were a little hungry. The afternoon we spent cleaning up and then had a simple, non messy dinner of taquitos. Yes, they are terribly unhealthy but its a treat for my kids and I'm nice. Bro. Jensen came to issue my new church calling, which will be forthcoming. May I just say...Yikes. Then I went to Mom's to trade a few gifts and figure a few more things out.

Today was just as early. I've been up before my kids every day this week. I just lay in bed and think of all the things I need to do. So I got up and fried hamburgers for our dinner on Friday night. I figured it was one mess I won't have to make that night. Glade and I went to the temple to support a couple in our ward on their first time through. The five oldest kids went and did baptisms as well. I love that they want to do that. It was a great morning.

This afternoon I took a few kids shopping to finish sibling gifts. I found a really cute gift for my mom from Chelsey and then ended up breaking it as I took into the house. That sucks. Anyway, I wasn't up to fixing dinner so we ate....candy! Yep, whatever we had to make our gingerbread houses was what was for dinner. Another mom of the year nomination right there baby. Mom came over and helped us put together the houses. This has been a fun tradition to keep at our house. I finished the night by helping the boys get their 12 days of Christmas gifts out for almost the last time. And then...it rained. Yeah for rain!!

These are just a few of the little gingerbread ornaments we made recently. I got them from Oriental Trading Co. for a few dollars. The kids had fun with them. A few of them made theirs into missionaries. Can you see the little badge and tie? Too cute.













Tomorrow I get to go finish wrapping all the gifts for the kids. Mom has done a good job on getting me started, but there are still many to do. Only two more days!! I'm very ready.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

It was so good to see you today. I wondered why your kids were in the car. Of course they'd do baptisms. They're awesome.

I love the pictures of your house-making party. Your kids all look so happy! Maybe we'll have taquitos and candy tomorrow. Wait...today was cookies and In&Out and more cookies. If that doesn't win mom of the year award, will taquitos do it? Haha!

I wrapped all our presents today. It took hours. I think I'm slow. And I got interrupted a lot. But at least it's not Christmas Eve. :)

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

Im so glad there are a few bloggers left out there, i LUV LUV LUV ur blog! I luv reading about ur family! Merry Christmas