Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Katykins



This little gal keeps me plenty busy! She and I spend a lot of time together now that Bo is in kindergarten. We spend a lot of time running errands and getting stuff done around the house. Sometimes we even do fun things! She is certainly never boring. She is not as good of a shopper as some have been, but we go with Grandma and cruise the mall occasionally anyway. Because she is always up to something and I don't carry my camera with me most of the time, I have several phone pics that I just never got around to uploading. So here they are now.








This is her latest escapade. While I was gone to IL, she decided her hair was in her face too much so she would just take care of it. Chop chop went the bangs. Ahhh, the life of a three year old!





This day we went to the library because they were having a special Fire Truck story time. We arrived really early so we wouldn't miss it. They only let in a certain number of people. She was number 12 in line. We had a good time that day.

This was right before Thanksgiving. Poor Santa was just sitting there all alone. Normally I get my kids all dressed up to go visit Santa, but since there wasn't a soul around, I figured we might as well take advantage of it. She was very shy and didn't want to sit on his lap, but she did talk to him. The photographer (aka Mom) got tackled for taking a picture with her phone. You know, only paid for pictures are allowed. Don't even get me started on how wrong this is and how mad it makes me! Anyway, we did get this one. She told him she wanted Barbies.
On the way into the store she asked me "can we go to Grandma Whitley's on Friday night?" I explained that it's really far away and we would have to ride on an airplane so we couldn't go. Then she says "but I'm growd up now, pleeeese!"
She has consistently rearranged my ornaments and nativity set. She doesn't like me to get out of bed in the morning unless she has had a chance to lay with me for a minute. I think she almost never wets her pants anymore (huge relief) and is very clever and witty. I will miss her when she goes off to school. Lucky for me that's not for awhile yet!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I do miss the kindergarten programs at Ben Franklin. They always do a great job. Bo is such a cutie!

Tammy said...

Oops! That was suppose to be on Bo's post. I love the picture of Katy by the tree. She is adorable. I love hearing of all the things she is doing.

Leslie said...

I love how unbothered you are about her self-haircut...remember with the older kids what a tragedy it was? Ahh...one of those life lessons, I guess, that hair really does grow back and it's not such a big deal.

(Just don't copy & paste this back to me if Sofia ever cuts her hair. I'm sure I'll freak out!)