Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Childlike

I think Christmas puked in my house, and I love it!! I'm even sure that an attempt to make something pretty, turned out quite gaudy.. but my kids love it, so it's staying. After all, it's OUR house. Today I decided I would put our outside lights up. Glade is usually a good sport about it, but really doesn't like it and is having a bit more of a Scroogy year so I thought I would just do it. It's nothing fancy, but there are lights and it says "Christmas is here!". Other than not liking my expanding waistline (WAY too much chocolate and "gooey food"), I'm totally giddy about all the things going on right now.

I leave for Illinois in one week!! You have no idea how exciting this is for me. My mom and I are going back for 4 days. I get to see my family at Christmastime!!! You know the song..I'll be home for Christmas....well I grew up there and most of my warm and fuzzies go back to that place. It sounds awful but I'm so excited to be leaving my own family behind. They don't have the same affection for it that I do so it's a little stressful when we are all there. I get to enjoy both sides of the family for good 'ole family Christmas. If I have any luck at all, there will be snow as well. I can't believe it's almost here!

After that, the time is filled with ward Christmas parties and family Christmas and doing all the activities we always try to fit in in the month of December. Next thing I know, it will be here! I love that my kids are still young enough to be so excited and talk about all the sleeping arrangements for Christmas Eve and what we will have for dinner. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

Still running, only now I need to start training for the 1/2 marathon at the end of January. It's amazing how it goes from too hot to run to too cold overnight. I still need to post about the Turkey Trot, but I need to get pics from my mom first. What a great day that was!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Christmas only kind of spit up a little bit in my house, but that's how I like it. :)

You're so excited about your trip it's making ME excited. I hope it fulfills all your wildest dreams.

Heather said...

I hope you have fun when you head back east. There is nothing like heading back to the ol' stompin grounds. Have fun.

Dacia said...

Merry Christmas to you! Enjoy your trip home. I like that Christmas puked in your house - it's beautiful and full of love.