Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Update

Another weekend gone by. Friday I took the kids to my mom's to help her put up her Christmas stuff. She is way too fussy about stuff so it's good to have someone else say "It's going here." She's pretty easy after that! Her house looked gorgeous once we were done and hopefully she enjoys it. I got home just in time to pick up kids, put my crumb cake in the oven and lay down for a quick snooze. I woke up just in time to get my cake out of the oven (or watch Nick as he did it Ü). I decided to lay down for another minute and ended up with both Katy and Bo in bed with me. It was already 4:30 and way too late for naps but I let them anyway. I think they were up by 6.

I met Glade in town for dinner before heading to games night with our friends. I always love getting together with great people. I know I often express how grateful I am for good friends, but I don't think you realize how really great they are! We didn't get home till after midnight.

Saturday I got up determined to run 9 miles. The half marathon is in 8 weeks so I need to ramp it up. I got my kids busy with projects and headed out. At about half a mile I decided maybe I would only do 7. I intentionally kept an easy pace so I wouldn't tire out. I have to say I was never out of breath. I talked myself back and forth from lesser to more the whole way. I didn't start to feel bad until about mile 7.5. I kept pushing thinking "I didn't come this far not to finish." I made it the whole 9 miles and never walked once! My average was 10:20 minute miles which isn't awful either. My hip is killing me though, which hasn't happened in awhile. It felt really good to accomplish it.

After being told I smelled bad, I jumped through the shower and left to get my nails done. I may have found a new nail lady!! Since Glade was at home with the kids, I decided to go get a little shopping done. I didn't come home with much, but I did find some things for mom. It's nice to shop and not have little ones or have my phone ringing every few minutes. I came home, had a quick nap and got to work on my paperwork. Glade and the boys had been working all day. I then decided he needed a break and I wanted to see a movie. I texted a friend and she convinced her hubby to go, so we were off.

We saw Unstoppable. It was actually pretty good. Glade even had his "intense shiver" going on. It was a good action film cuz it wasn't crazy unbelievable violence type of action. It's about the runaway train. I liked it. Then we went for ice cream and came home. A busy and great day.

Today I awoke to a most pleasant surprise of a sweet email from my most favorite Grandma. I love her dearly. Only 4 more days till I get to go home!! Hopefully the snow will stay for me. I think December is going to come and go way too quickly!

No comments: