Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Manary Family Christmas

Saturday morning I got up and around and Dad took me out to my Grandma Bea's house. The weather was supposed to be nasty so he didn't want me driving in it. I took clothes in case it was bad and I needed to stay the night. My aunt Lisa hosted our little soiree at her new house. They decorated her garage and had heat lamps out there so we could all eat our turkey dinner in the there. After a scrumptious dinner (to which we all forgot to bring sides), we went inside to play the white elephant dice game. At first everyone was a little skeptical and had questions as to why we were doing it this way. There are several ways to play, but this is my favorite.

Once we got started, everyone was very into it. Trading, grabbing, yelling...all of it! The timer finally went off and we all showed off our new treasures. I think Aunt Vickie ended up with the coveted singing dog and Adam won $12 with the lottery tickets he got. Once everyone settled down, we brought out Gram's treasure box. Of course, she cried. She sat and read the memories while we all listened. She is truly the treasure of our family!

At one point we all headed down stairs to do a little dancing with the Wii. I had never done it before, but it was so fun! We were all dripping sweat. Once we pooped out, we went back upstairs for a little Euchre. I couldn't possibly go home without some of that! The weather started to get bad so people were leaving pretty steadily. I decided not to stay the night and headed home with my cousin. What a fun night!! I'm so glad everyone made the effort to be there and spend time together as a family. It was exactly what I had hoped for. Other than all the losing I did at Euchre!!

The next morning was spent packing up and getting ready to leave. Leaving is never an easy thing for me. I just don't do it well. Dad and Jo were so great having me and spoiling me as always. I really have a whole bunch of great parents.


Sherri gave me a beautiful little frame so we decided to take a picture to put in it. I'm a giant compared to my sister and mom so I was trying to be smaller!




Dinner in the garage


playing the white elephant game


Gimme the dice!! That's what was shouted as people lost their gifts and wanted a chance to get them back.


Gram opening her treasure chest


My Christmas miracle!! Lucky for me the blizzard held off till after my plane left, but I did get to see some snow and cold temps.


Sherri and I dancing with the Wii


Go Jessi! Even Mom is back there giving it her all!
The trip was a complete success! It was fast, but I got to see everyone and spend some quality time doing nothing with Dad and Jo as well. My house was still standing when I got home so that was good. I don't know all the details of what went on while I was gone and I think I don't want too!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Eating, white elephant, dancing, and euchre...what could be better?

I'm glad your grandma liked her treasure chest. Good for you for putting it together!