Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

It's here, it's finally here! Christmas has come. Well, Christmas Eve and that's just about as exciting. We spent the morning cleaning. I went upstairs, holy cow, I don't know why I'm ever shocked but always am. We basically gutted the upstairs. My trash went from completely empty to overflowing, and I don't mean the inside trash! Once that was taken care of, I had to go run a few last minute errands and go pick up the gifts I keep at my mom's house. Glade was busy working on a service project the boys had been doing all week.

The day seemed to come and go quickly. I started things for dinner as the kids gathered for our new tradition of Christmas Bingo. It's cheesy, but fun. Chelsey and Whitley got the table all pretty and when things were done, we gathered for our candle light dinner. I had done a lot of the food prep on previous days so there wasn't a lot of fuss and mess for dinner. We went through 4 bottles of Martinelli's, or apple soda as some call it.

We have had a tradition of new jammies for awhile, but now that they are bigger, not many wear actual jammies any more so last year I did away with the tradition. They were not happy! I hadn't planned on doing it this year either, but we got a last minute gift of cash so I decided that's how we would use it. They were so happy! We unwrapped jammies and ornaments and then had our traditional "program" focusing on the birth of the Savior. This year we watched a movie recreating the nativity story. It was a little long, but done in a reverent sort of humorous way. The music was beautiful and we had some laughs as well. Even a few quotes over the next day or so. A few of us then read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas before they all scrambled to get their beds ready. We checked the Santa tracker and both Katy and Bo decided they better get to bed right away!! Glade and I were in bed by 10:45, woohooo for doing things early!








New Jammies

No comments: