Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bo


Bo had a birthday!  He is officially NINE years old!  Last year time went by and a birthday party never happened.  We are determined not to let that happen this year.  But on his birthday, I took him McDonalds for lunch and shopping after school to spend his birthday money.  I had all the boys with me since we had some other things to do as well.  As it got later, it was decided we go to In and Out for dinner.  Bo actually resisted because he had his heart set on biscuits and gravy for dinner.  It just got to be too late.  He only protested for a minute. Ü



When we got home, Brooklyn had made these cute cookies for him.  I'm pretty sure I heard the words "best birthday ever!"  muttered somewhere in there.  



On Friday, as I was packing up their clothes to take them (Bo and Katy) for a sleep over at Chelsey's, my phone rang and I was informed that Bo had an accident at school and broke his tooth.  Dang, had I been twenty minutes faster picking him up, this never would have happened!  I immediately called our friend, Alex, who is a dentist and asked for his advice.  He happened to be getting groceries for a scout camp out he was leaving on at a nearby store.  I took Bo there so he could look at it.  Fortunately, we had the other half of his tooth with us.  He thought if we got it reattached quickly, we might be able to save his tooth.  I helped him grab a few more things at the store and we headed to his office.  



Bo was a champ and hung tight through it all.  It took over an hour and he was very patient and kept his humor through it all. I got to be the dental assistant since his office was closed at the time.  I'm so grateful he was willing to help us out.  We won't know for a couple of weeks if the tooth will die or not.  If it does...root canal.  Fun stuff right there.  His fixed tooth looks really good right now, just a slight difference in color.

How did he do it, you ask?  He was trying to juggle bowling pins during PE.  





No comments: