Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dance Performance


The dance program at my kids school is amazing.  Still, the concerts can be a bit long.  Both  Brooklyn and Rhett take social dance and Rhett is on the back up ball room team.  Wednesdays concert was nice, but long and sitting on the bleachers is never comfortable.  But I am always impressed with what they are able to do.  She does a really good job with them.  The next three nights were the ball room showcase.  I never think three nights of the same school performance is a good thing.  I had already told her he couldn't be there for Saturday's performance since it was Prom and he's already been there three other nights.  I can get a bit snippity when I'm annoyed.  Friday was the only night I could go, so Mom and I went after the girls night dinner.  Cost me $10 bucks to get in, but what a wonderful show!  I was seriously dreading it.  I mean,  a lot. I'd already seen it all on Wednesday.  How different could it be.   Way different!  These kids were amazing and could do all sorts of really tricky things.  After the very first number the Ball room team did, I leaned over to mom and told her Rhett would need to buff up if he ever wanted to do this cuz they were picking up girls and spinning and dipping all over the place.  Then his group came on and did the same things.  I had no idea he could do any of that!  I was just truly amazed.  The whole thing was beautiful. For some reason, blogger won't let me upload the video.. grrr.


These are pics from Wednesday night's performance.  














Rhett and Brooklyn both tried out for the ball room team this week.  Neither one made it.  Rhett made back up team again which really upset him.  I honestly have to believe there's some underlying reason she didn't choose him.  I saw them perform, he's good!  And I'm pretty good about seeing my kids how they really are. I'm aware when they suck.  I know how Rhett is and maybe she sees his hot/cold side and didn't want to deal with it or maybe it's because his mom was a brat and pulled him from Saturday's performance. I don't know, but it doesn't make any sense and really upset him.  Rejection feels like crap. 

No comments: