Saturday, May 24, 2014

Concerts Galore

It's that time of year!  Everyone wants to perform ONE more time!!  Honestly, it's not my favorite part of being a mom.  I don't appreciate choir music and the big performances that include the whole school is a lot of sitting and watching people you don't even know.  Yes, I'm a school concert scrooge.  BUT, I go.  Stephen had his last choir concert (halle frickin lujai)  I seriously dislike his choir director.  So much that I can't even look at him as he talks through the concert. Which is WAY too much, in my opinion.  Anyway, Stephen was awesome and even had a solo.




Then Dalin and Rhett had a concert on the same night. I thought since they were both 2 HOURS long I could catch them both perform.  No such luck.  they performed at the exact same time.  I saw a couple of Rhett's numbers but had to leave before the highest choir sang, which is the good one.  Bummer.  But in transit, I missed some kind of awesome performance by Dalin.  This picture below somewhat sums it up.  They were all singing and supposed to be showing emotion.  You can tell Dalin was the only one doing it.  I even got a text saying how hilarious he was.  I missed it!!  I saw his last song though.  But in my scroogy sort of way....2 hours??  Dalin's choir teacher made a snide remark to them about sitting through a movie for two hours, this shouldn't be that hard.  Ummm, ma'am....that's professional entertainment laced with popcorn and a very large soda!!  Very different.  Luckily I have an awesome Mom who endured it all with me! ♥


No comments: