Saturday, May 17, 2014

Prom


Spring Formal...Mormon Prom... MoPro....Our church puts on a prom every spring that is such a delight.  It's only $10 per couple and includes pictures.  Dress code is adhered to with true diligence, music is appropriate and no bumping and grinding on the dance floor.  Yep, a wholesome event!  That's why I love it.  This year it was on Mother's Day Weekend, and that..I DIDN'T love.  Stephen to Taylor Contessa, the girl he's been dating for about 6 months.  Being the mom of the boy, I got no pictures except ones I store from Taylor's FB page.  Her mother made her dress and Stephen's tie.  Super cute. Ü

Rhett asked a girl named Cherish Soloman.  This was only his second date ever.  He and a friend from school went together and a third guy joined their group last minute.  I fixed dinner for them so they could be sensible with the little money they had.  In the end, Rhett spent $30 on prom and that includes the corsage.  Did I mention I love Spring Formal? 

Getting boys ready is much different that girls.  I thought there would be nothing to do.  Wrong.  I had to spot clean suits and straighten ties.  My mother's checklist of "do you have"s proved to be very beneficial.  Stephen was a little exasperated with my asking until it ended up helping him have enough money for dinner and prom tickets which he forgot to put in this pocket.  Once he realized my "nagging" saved him, he hugged me and said "that's why we have moms".  Rhett was more chill about my fussing. 

They all had a great time with only one little incident.  Shortly after Rhett got there, he was coming around a corner and a kid puked on him.  Got on his face jacket and shoes.  It also got in his dates hair.  Poor thing!  They cleaned up, he ditched the jacket and enjoyed the rest of the night.  It also ends at 11 so everyone has time to get home and not be out till all hours of the night.  I love my church!

















No comments: